Chapter 15- Silent Night

After the whole marshmallow ordeal, you had turned the stove off and joined your friends in the living room.
They movie they had selected was The Quiet Place.
You pop it into your dvd player and turn around to take a seat.

Dream was sitting to the very left of the couch while Michael was at the very right. Nightmare was in the middle. You saw space between Night and Michael so you sat down there.

This was actually one of the movies you hadn't gotten around to see yet so, you were intrested in seeing what it was all about.

After the little girl got snatched up and the creatures seemed closer to where the family was, you were jumpy at this point. The fact that no one seemed to make any noise during the whole movie only seemed to make it worse.

You glance over at Night. He was ok looking at first, but the more you looked, you noticed he was shaking a considerable amount. His hands clenched into small fists and his eyes seemed focused solely on the film.

Shifting your eyes, you see Michael is absolutely terrified, Dream being no better off. Somehow, Both Michael and Dream were holding eachother, every now and then taking a quick glance around the dark room. Huh, guess Dream moved sometime during the movie.

A jump scare

You let out a small squeak-like noise and lean back into the couch, hugging yourself.
Dream on the other hand, screamed along with Michael as he lept into Michael's lap.

Shivering a bit, weather from fear or cold, you move your eyes slowly to look at Nightmare again. Oh dear.
Along with his shaking, Nightmare seemed like he wanted to cry.

Seeing this, you straighten up slightly and reach for his hands. When you barely graze his fingers, he flinches and snaps his head in your direction.

You smile warmly at him, maintaining eye contact as you go for his hands again. Successful this time, you intertwine you and Nightmare's fingers, then lean on him slightly.

You feel Night's form relax and his head rests on top of yours. You close you eyes, blushing, and you feel protected like this. Nightmare stopped shaking, the eerie atmosphere completely gone now.

Well, until the next jump scare.
You all screamed.

~~~~~~~~After the movie~~~~~~~~~

Once the credits rolled, you booked it for the lights, unintentionally dragging Nightmare with you in your haste.
You let out a sigh of relief once light flooded the room nonetheless.

"You guys ready to go to bed?" You asked, watching as Dream let go of Michael.

"Uh, y-yeah. You D-Dream?" Michael turned to the still shaken skeleton.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. Bed." He answered, staring down the dark hallway towards where the rooms were.

You follow Dream's line of sight and you realize why he's.....like that.
You walk over, still with Nightmare mind you, and quickly flick the light on.

"There we go, you can head to bed now and, you can keep a light on if you wish." You offered, thinking of keeping a nightlight on yourself.

"Alright, thanks (N/N)." Michael said with a smile, picking up Dream. They both blushed lightly but Dream managed to stay in his dazed state.

As Michael dissapeared down the hall, you turned to Nightmare. He was looking down at your joined hands. This caused you too look down aswell. You blushed and rose your hand a bit, not fully believing it was real. You look at him again only to lock eyes. He was blushing too.

"So uh, would you maybe wanna sleep with me? Uh, b-because I'm k-kinda....scared." you stammered. Oh boy, you should stop talking now.

"S-Sure. I'd.....I'd love to sl-...keep you safe." Nightmare said. He had one of those warm smiles on his face. He was also doing that adorable thing where he rubs the back of his neck.