3

The bus picks up speed again to let Henry, myself, and my siblings off of the bus. I was excited every time we pulled up to that trailer park eager to go home, rid of my homework and get my gaming on. I raced my siblings off the bus every time. And would be one of the first ones off. The bus driver wished us a "See you tomorrow!" and smiled as she closed the bus doors and drove to turn around at the end of our cul de sac. We had the larger circle ending the roadway and a small dirt road leading to a large cell phone tower. There was a larger dirt road that led from the ending circle to a high school. I immediately made my way inside watching the bus coming around and began to head out. Sometimes I would go watch her at the lip of the dirt road make the sharp right/left turn again. It was satisfying to watch sometimes. I would then check the mail for my mom mainly because of my lego magazines. I loved these things because I loved building new things even though I'm thirteen.

I open the mailbox to find yet another magazine for these next two months with my name on it. I was excited to find this! I brought the rest of the mail to my mom inside the trailer and went to my room. Before I could head that way, my mom stopped me short. "How was school today honey?" She asked, hoping to get an answer from me. I didn't wish to tell her about the fight on the bus. I didn't want her to know I was bullied. "Everything was fine, Mike and I hung out a recess and that was the best part of my day. I met this girl Trixie and she seems nice." I partially lied. I picked up my backpack and went to my room at the other end of the trailer. My bedroom door didn't shut very far considering it was an old trailer. I looked up at the ceiling and of course our Looney Tunes light cover shines bright when I turn on the light. I sit on my bed peeking through my magazine and begin working with my homework. After my homework was finished, I turned on my Nintendo and began playing Animal Crossing and a bit of Splatoon. I was on my island decorating my hut in Animal Crossing when I heard a knock at the door. "Honey, Mike, and Henry are here! They wish to hang out with you if you're done with your homework." My mom called for me. "Coming mom!" I called in response to her. I turned off my Nintendo Switch and headed down to see Mike and Henry. Trixie was standing out in the muddy and grassy driveway.

I walked over to her to see if she was okay from earlier. "Yeah, I'm alright," she said as she leaned in and kissed my cheek. "Thank you for standing up for yourself. It was really brave of you, knowing you didn't have to stand up for me." Trixie said.