Chapter 14: The 3 Day War (2)

Authors Note: Im back.

October 27th, 2066 (1639). Grand Mesa Strategic Command, Midwestern Union.

The noise of the GMSC unintentionally served as white noise Andres Escudero sat in a chair reserved for him and people a step lower from him. "I don't think the Great Lakes are going to be ready for our next move." Andres's military advisor said as the dictator looked towards a screen displaying the plans for an all out invasion of the Great Lakes Republic, chuckling in amusement. 

On the screen it shows a map of the regions of Post-America and New Canada zoomed in to the Midwestern Union, GLR, Central States of Canada, and Ontario. Also on the screen though were several arrows that signified the movements of divisions and their locations. It was a simple invasion map yes, however it would hold major significance over the following weeks as the universally understandable map would be the basis of a better one and the planning of an invasion of a entire nation.

"A Post-American country should not go against a Post-American country, what a load of crap. To think that the very nation that we'll be invading broke that unspoken rule an exact month ago with their 'AI gone loose'." Andres said as he was still vengeful against the GLR's magically powered aircraft that took down a part of his border defenses.

"Its good. Looks like I'll finally be able to settle my differences with those pests." Andres then said as he had a sense of satisfaction from the imagined success of his actually well thought out plan, despite its visuals. "Sir. What about the Californians?" The military advisor then asked.

Andres turned to look toward the military advisor with a positive expression. "They're going to be too busy with foreign diplomacy and the wars in Fenn and Parpaldia, the latter i'm just predicting since we can't be sure if it'll happen. But there's a high chance that it will." Andres then looked back and gave a sinister look. "All according to plan."

Setaga Mountains, Fenn Kingdom.

"Lord Shihan! The Californians just took over one of the Southern mountains!" A messenger for a neighboring mountain said via magicom, sweating heavily since his mountain was also getting sieged by the Californian army, proven by the sound of several HIMARS cluster munitions being a step from obliterating the entire garrison with each explosion.

Meanwhile Shihan sat calmly as he watched, well rather heard, the chaos unfold. "I see. So they've come to challenge us personally? Then its time to release that." Shihan said as his expression changed to an expression of distaste, which reverted back to a calm expression after a moment.

The messenger looked at the sword king with a sense of confusion however as he reasonably had zero clue what the sword king referred to. "My lord, what is 'that'?" The messenger said as he looked at the sword king, an eyebrow raised. "You shall know when the time comes." Shihan said simply as he hung up and left the messenger with numerous questions, the aforementioned 'that' being a weapon too classified for common knowledge. Even in the military.

Shihan then walked on tatami flooring through the halls of his mountain palace, only stopping due to a military commander named Magreb confronting him. "My lord. What were you referring to earlier?" Magreb said as Shihan sighed and stared at the knight captain. 

"If I must tell you..." Shihan said as he looked around to see the halls of the palace empty. "Good. This matter is secretive and should not be known to the common populace, the consequence being death." Shihan said as Magreb gulped. 'If the lord himself is going to personally kill his men to uphold secrecy, this must be important!' Magreb then thought.