Chapter 21: Alaskan Action

Authors Note: Demon lord arc and the starter of the Parpaldian war is going to be entirely different from the OG NHS in this fanfic.

December 7th, 1639 (2066). New York City, United States of America.

As the night sky of New York City darkened the rubble and ruins caused by the third American Civil War, a battleship with a previous century look sailed through the stained rivers of the city. "This is New York City? It seems more like the old cities of Kain." A man with a captain's uniform named Berdan said as he saw the effects of futuristic war in its full glory, unchanging from the war he knew as bodies were abundant, torn and burnt metal littered the streets, and dried blood was so common it could be classified as paint.

"And yet the Alaskans and Californians wanted to meet us here of all places?" Berdan said as the sight of the war torn city wanted to make him cringe in disgust. However when he looked right, his impulses calmed. "That statue is the only saving grace in this city." Berdan then said as he saw a green statue of a woman on a pedestal having completely different contrast from the sights around it.

The Statue of Liberty still stood after the past 4 years of conflict, although in rough shape as the arm holding up the torch was dunked into the sea and the pedestal looked like it had been hit by constant artillery fire. However as Berdan took a second to admire the statue, the intercom for the bridge suddenly activated. 

"Enjoying the Statue of Liberty? It took us awhile to build in the past." Berdan's flight or fight response was immediately activated as the bridge intercom was only accessed by a panel right in front of him. "Who the hell!?" Berdan said as he looked up at where he assumed the voice came from. "Captain! We've detected an unknown vessel by sonar!" A sonar operator then said out loud as Berdan looked towards him and then looked outside the bridge.

Before anyone could say anything however, what appeared to be a normal firework on the 4th of July suddenly shot up from the Hudson River and lit up the general area, revealing a unseen disturbance at the side of the Orion-class that quickly turned into a sleek and black painted submarine.

The communications officer then turned as fast as he could to Berdan, clearly displaying the urgency of the situation. "Sir! A hail from the unknown vessel!" The communications officer said. "Put it on now!" Berdan then yelled, soon being met with the iconic crackle of an older radio as he ran to the communications officer's station.

"This is the USS Virginia. Nice to know you Valkos actually showed up first, unlike five certain countries." A voice, presumably the communications officer of the USS Seawolf, said on the communication line as Berdan relaxed, knowing that he wouldn't get torpedoed out of the blue. However he still had something on his mind. "How did you access our intercom system?" Berdan asked, the US communications officer responding with a curious hum.

"I don't get what you mean? We never accessed your intercom." The US communications officer said as Berdan gave a confused expression in response. "That would be us. This is the CNS Oregon, alongside the ANS Utya and the HMNES Jack Churchill." Another voice responded as Berdan's inquiry was solved. "So what is essentially the entirety of Post-America showed up?" Berdan asked. "Minus the Midwestern Union, the wannabe confederates, and Texas, sure. We've got the whole cast here. Now then. We'll guide you to port."

Juneau, Alaska.

Alexsei sat in his office chair as he sorted out the usual torrential storm of work that was directed to him by several state departments. Except it wasn't the usual paperwork that most nations in Post-America were used to. Instead it was digitized work since the situation in Alaska had stabilized enough that the technological disparity between Alaska and the core 13 states had finally become more prevalent, though the population was still at a stagnant 6.5 million.