Chapter 6: Fairytale

He leads you to a small picnic area he had prepared, having laid out blankets and baskets full of food and drinks.

You sit together, chatting happily while you eat and sip your drinks. You then lay down, blushingly holding hands as you stargaze for a while, talking some more.

It's always so easy to talk to Raven, the conversation never feels forced, and you even enjoy sometimes just being near each other in silence.

"When Lancelot told me..." Raven swallowed, blushing again "That you... Like me, I didn't believe him." You prop yourself up on your elbows and looked at him confused. "Why not?" You ask, raising an eyebrow.

Raven frowned and looked back at you "Well... It's just.... Why in the world would you pick me over my brother?" He looks back at the sky "He is older, stronger, more handsome, and-"

You kiss his cheek to make him shut up, earning you another blush as you smile at him. "He is not you," you tell him, stroking his cheek.

Raven blushes a lot and almost has tears in his eyes as he looks back at you "... What did I ever do to deserve you choosing me?"

You put your forehead against his and closed your eyes. "You were my best friend, the one who I could tell everything to, the one who always put me first and made me feel special." You opened your eyes again, grinning at his blushing face "You are my Raven."

Raven sits up and pulls you into a hug. You hug him again and laugh "Come on, I don't wanna be sad on our first date!" Raven nods, backing up and drying the tears on his cheeks "Right, sorry."

You kiss one of the tears he missed away. "No need for apologizing, just fix it!"

He grins at you, it was a phrase you said a lot nowadays. He got up and pulled you with him "Would you like to dance?"

You spend the evening dancing with him, his magic creating the music, and you singing the words to the songs you knew.

"You really have a lovely voice, Lily, even more so when you sing," He told you after you finished one of your songs, smiling at you warmly. "You have the voice of a goddess."

You blush and smile up at him "Only because you and Lancelot are always begging to hear me sing." They had given you the confidence you needed for it along with Raven teaching you more about music for your violin lessons.

The last dance ended, and you were standing gazing into each other's eyes.

"... Lily, I really wanna kiss you right now" He whispered to you.

You blush brightly, whispering back "What is stopping you?" You look into his eyes.

His eyes fill with sorrow "... I feel.... I should tell you who I really am first."

You were not kids anymore, and yet you had never told each other your real names. It had never felt needed, to you, he would always be your Raven, and you would always be his Lily.

But you had to admit if you were to look for a way to take your relationship to another level you might need to talk more about who you were outside of your garden.

But you didn't think any of it would matter. Whoever you were outside the garden did not change your feelings for the man in front of you.

Raven sighed, straightening his back. "You might know me as Raven, but-"

You put a hand over his mouth, looking him deep in the eyes. "And that is all that matters to me," You say softly, looking at him seriously as you lower your hand "Be you king or peasant, human or dragon, god or mortal, hero or villain, all that matters to me is that you are Raven" You stroked his cheeks smiling warmly at him, catching a new tear on it "You will always be my Raven, my first and hopefully only love."