Chapter 10: What you missed

Nat offers you a chair as she talks to the boss whose name you learn is Fury about the scepter and this other agent that apparently was coming to attack the Helicarrier.

You don't listen to her conversation as you just look at Loki, his posture reminding you of a man in a temple, confessing his sins to his god and asking for forgiveness. That might very well be how he feels right now.

First, you got a quick explanation of things they never told you.

Loki and Thor were both gods and princes of a realm called Asgard, sons of Odin who was the Allfather and ruler of the nine realms, and Frigga his wife.

You were a bit shocked at the mention of them being gods, but that would explain how they survived over a thousand years and had stuff like super-human strength and magic.

Around a year ago Thor's coronation to become the king of Asgard was interrupted by some frost giants who had snuck into the treasury to steal some weapons. Loki was the one who had led them in, knowing that it would interrupt the coronation and send Thor into a frenzy.

He and Thor along with some of Thor's friends had gone to Jotunheim to investigate but had ended up starting a war instead, and for that, Thor had been banished to Midgard.

Loki had learned at the same time that he had been adopted, that he himself was a frost giant that Odin had found abandoned, and when confronting his father he stressed him so much that Odin had fallen into a sort of coma.

With Thor away and Odin sleeping Loki had taken the throne, and he had almost killed Thor in an attempt to keep him away when his friends had snuck out to bring him back.

He had also tricked the king of Jotunheim into thinking he was on their side and snuck him along with some men into the castle to kill Odin, only to double-cross them to look good in front of his parents as he saved his father by killing the king of his enemy.

He had planned to completely destroy Jotunheim, but Thor had come back to stop him, and Loki ended up being thrown off some kind of bridge and into a portal to a place unknown.

"No..." Loki said softly, rubbing his forehead like he had a headache, "I didn't... I was not thrown, was I?" He whispered, looking up at Thor. "You tried to pull me up... But I let go."

Thor nodded, looking at Loki with a worried, but also angry expression.

Loki sighed and rubbed his temples. "... My memory has been messed with," he whispered.

"What?" Thor looked shocked, walking closer to the glass wall, "by who?"

Loki looked up, his eyes both filled with hate, but also fear. "Thanos.... He was the one who gave me the scepter, the army, the knowledge of The Tesseract, he is the one who..." Loki shuddered and suddenly looked sweaty, pale, and nauseated.

"LOKI!" You gasp, jumping up and putting your hands on the glass.

"I-I'm fine!" Loki hissed through his teeth, even though he looked like he was about to throw up. "What is important right now is making sure the portal does NOT open, and that Agent Barten does NOT make this ship blow up!"

But almost like the universe had a sick sense of humor and a flair for timing, there was the sound of an explosion and the whole ship shook.

You almost fell down, Thor catching your arm, as everything shook and you looked up at Nat with huge eyes.

Nat was cursing as she pulled up a walkie-talkie. "I told you he was gonna attack! Why didn't you stop it?!" "We tried, but he got too close!"

You looked scared as you held onto Thor's arm. This was bad! Was the whole ship gonna explode?!

Nat looked at Loki with serious eyes. "What was the original plan, what are they doing?"

Loki looked back at her with a frown. "The mind controlling the scepter does not make them full puppets. They still act on their own and Barton was the one coming up with most of the plan, I do not know the details. But he is going to get the scepter and break me out."

"So he is coming here?" Nat asked, cracking her knuckles, "so we could use you as bait."

"If you do, get her out of here first!" Loki said seriously, gesturing to you.

"I will stay with Lady Lily!" Thor said seriously, looking down at you with the conviction of a warrior before he picked you up and tossed you over his shoulder.

"HEY!" You said, gasping as Thor started leaving, looking at Loki with a heartbroken expression.

"Thor!" Loki called after him. "You better protect her with your life!"

Thor rolled his eyes at that. "Of course I will!" He said as he pressed the button to open the door.

".... Brother," Loki called, making Thor turn to him with big eyes in shock.

"... I'm sorry," Loki said seriously, bowing his head, "to both of you, I am sorry."

You looked back at him and answered without hesitation. "No need for apologizing, just fix it!"

He looks up at you shocked at the familiar words, and you almost see a smile on his face as he nods to you. He will fix this.

Thor ran with you over his shoulder, and you didn't really fight it. That was just how Lancelot was sometimes. You waited until he sat you down in what you assumed was a safe room.

"My brother may have made mistakes in the past, but I am sure he is sincere in his wishes to fix this," Thor said seriously, stroking your cheek with a warm smile. "I have really missed you Lady Lily."

You think back to everything Loki told you, and while he in no way tried to defend himself you still noticed some things. And you also thought about the last time you saw Lancelot. "Can you give me your arm?"

Thor looked confused as he gave you his arm. You used it to support yourself as you quickly got your high heels off and then got your feet into position.

"Lady Lily, what-" Thor started asking, but got interrupted as you did the move he had taught you as little and had perfected over the years, using his arm and own weight as you tossed him over your shoulder and into the floor.

"I promise to kick your ass the next time we meet Sir Fartsalot!" You said with a slight grin.

He looked so shocked and even made a slight wheezing sound.

You shook your head. "Puny god."

He seemed to get over the shock and quickly jumped up, after all, you just slammed him into the floor once, it was not like you had thrown him around like a ragdoll.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" He asked infuriated, and you reminded yourself that Lancelot had a bit of a temper. But you still stood your ground and put your hands on your hips. "You are not without fault here, you know that right?!"

His anger seemed to disappear as quickly as it had come as he looked at you confused.

You raised an eyebrow at him. "Stop me if I got anything here wrong. You almost started a war because someone insulted you. You got banished as a punishment and when your brother refused to undo the banishment your father placed on you, your friends snuck out to try and go against the orders and bring you back?"

Thor took a slight step back. "Well... Yeah... But he did lie to me!"

"After he just found out his father and mother had lied to him his entire life?" You asked, looking at Thor seriously.

Thor paused at that... And sighed, looking down. "Yes... I too was a fool.... And perhaps if I had pulled him up faster from that bridge we would not be here now." He said seriously. "I am partly to blame too... I'm sorry."

"No need for apologizing, just fix it!" You said with a grin, and he grinned back. Until the whole ship started shaking again and you both remembered this was not the time to joke around.