Chapter 7: Reunited

You finished your performance and gave everyone a bow. The director of the event praised you in German and thanked you for your performance here tonight. This is probably one of the most hightail parties you've been asked to perform at.

You pack down your violin, letting the classic band play while you walk among the party with a glass of champagne.

You speak enough German to be able to understand the curator's speech, but you are not really interested, you rather just look at all the art pieces around the place.

Your eyes are stuck on a painting, not a very famous piece but it still has all your attention. It's a picture of a garden at night, bringing tears to your eyes as a smile forms on your face. You really wish Loki was here right now.

You look up as everyone suddenly gasps, but before you can fully see what is going on people start to scream, running for the exit. Someone grabs your arm to quickly get your frozen body to move, making you drop your champagne glass in the process.

You only just manage to grab your violin case before you rush out with the others onto the street, trying to ask people what is going on, just running with them for now, holding up your green dress with one hand to better run as you clutch your violin case close.

You hear sirens, looking in the direction as some blue energy suddenly bursts out from where you were running from, hitting the police car making it slide across the road and slip behind a man who is wearing golden horns, a cape, and is holding a scepter glowing with blue light.

You freeze where you are, the people panicking all around you as you stare at the figure. His hair is raven black and his outfit is a familiar green and golden color.

"Kneel before me," you hear his voice, coming from all around you as people keep panicking around you, running this way and that while you stand frozen in the middle.

He bangs the scepter into the ground, screaming in a voice that breaks your frozen form. "KNEEL!"

Everyone around you obeys.

Everyone except you.

The man looks at you, pointing his scepter at you, it glowing with blue energy "I SAID KN-"

"Loki?" You simply ask, the tears in your eyes almost blurring your vision, but you do not let them. You keep looking at the man in front of you, older than you remember, fully grown up, and with a slightly different eye color, but you are sure it is him.

He tilted his head in confusion, lowering his scepter and giving you a slight grin "You heard of me?" He said in a way that indicated he was flattered, but still slightly confused as to how.

You take a step toward him, the people around you looking at you like you've gone mad, but he just looks at you amused, like you are a mouse walking toward a lion.

However, you do notice his eyebrows pulling ever so slightly together, like there is something he doesn't understand or is trying to figure out.

"Raven?" You ask, the tears spilling down your cheeks, your legs slowly taking you towards him, people clearing a path between you and him, mostly in fear of getting blasted by him. "Raven, is that really you?"

He looks at you confused, but then his eyes widen, his eye color returning more to the one you know like some kind of veil is removed from it and he looks at you shocked "... Lily?"

As soon as you hear your nickname you sprint with no hesitation, not caring about any kind of danger, not caring what others will think, not caring about anything other than getting to him.