Chapter 12: Your choice

You heard Tony call some of the others, double-checking that Eric had been stopped from opening a portal. And while he had been stopped they were still working on getting to The Tesseract.

"Can you get the collar off her?" Loki asked seriously, still holding the scepter as he let Tony examine your neck.

Tony frowned as he examined it. "This is alien technology, I might be able to get it off, but it will take time, time that we do not currently have."

"It would be the same technology that the army I was promised is using," Loki said seriously, looking at Tony, "they all are powered by a central core, destroy the core, destroy all their equipment."

"And how do you suggest we do that, Prince Charming?" Tony asked, looking at Loki, "It's in space right? We don't exactly have the most advanced space travel here on Earth yet."

"But we have The Tesseract," Loki answered seriously, "and the core would be on the other side of the portal we were planning to open anyway."

"With a whole army in between right?" Tony said, looking at Loki.

Loki frowned, grabbing the scepter tighter as he glared at Tony. "If you can't save her then joining your side would be useless!"

You looked up at him shocked. What?

Tony glared back at Loki. "I can't just let you open a portal to an army in the hope of saving one person, there has to be another way!"

You noticed a blue aura around the scepter in Loki's hand and looked at the two men. That was probably bad. "Guys!"

"Then I might as well work with the army if that is what it takes to save her!" Loki said seriously, glaring at Tony. "Look I get she is a great girl, but I'm not letting you destroy our world to save her!" Tony growled back.

Loki's eyes flashed blue as he grabbed the scepter tighter. "I was not asking."

"Loki! Drop the scepter!" You said seriously, looking at it worried and around you for anything you could use in case you needed to knock sense into him! But Loki and Tony were between you and the minibar with bottles you could have used.

"NO!" Loki said seriously, looking at you. "This is the problem with heroes! Always about sacrificing one for the greater good," he said in a mocking tone. "But not me!" His eyes flashed blue again, "I AM NOT LOSING HER AGAIN!"

Your hand went to the collar on your neck, as you swore. They were threatening your life to make Loki do what they wanted, and his stress was making the scepter have a bigger hold on him. You had to break him out of it, but how.

The boys were blocking not just the way to the bar, but the rest of the apartment, all you had access to was the balcony.

The balcony with no safety railing....

If your mother ever learned about what you were about to do she would kill you herself!

You moved quickly, getting up on the small ledge at the end of the balcony.

"LOKI!" You yell out to catch both the men's attention. They both look up at you with an annoyed expression that quickly turns to horrified.

"LILY!" Loki gasps as soon as he notices where you are standing, taking a step toward you. "What are you doing?! Get down from there!"

"Loki this is not you!" You say seriously, looking at him and only him. "You are NOT the villain! I know you are not." Your words seem to have the same effect on him as if you threw daggers at him.

"Lily I..." He made a frustrated face. "I'm doing this to protect you! I have to!" He said, turning toward Tony with an angry expression. "They are clearly not organized enough to protect anything! And I can't fight against Thanos." He looks back at you, his expression serious, "I'm trying to save you!"