38

Letter #4: I love you.

24th of December 2022

Dearest Gabrielle Thalia,

             Happiest Birthday, my bubba! I may not be there by your side to celebrate your special day but you're always in my heart. Wala, e, gusto mong lumayo ako. Hahaha. Kidding aside, I saw your birthday posts. You look stunning, baby.

             On this day, my angel was born—few minutes before God, our Father and savior was born which makes this day a lot more special.

             Thalia... She saved me on my darkest nights. She stood for me when I chose to remain silent to avoid rumors and issues. She fought for me when I couldn't fight for myself against my father. She... she accepted me as her friend when everybody was afraid to befriend the son of an Italian diplomat. Last but definitely not the least, she taught me how to fight for the one you love even if that person couldn't reciprocate your feelings...

             Because when you love someone, you love that person wholeheartedly. Without demanding and expecting anything in return. Kapag mahal mo, mahal mo.

             Bubba, we've been through a lot... Yet we're still here fighting our own battles. I'm so proud of you and your achievements. Finally, your dreams are starting to become your reality. You're only a few steps away from graduating college and entering medicine school... nagba-baka sakali lang ako na pwede na kitang ligawan? :)

             Maghihintay ako sa sagot mo, bubba. Isang sabi mo lang na gusto mo na akong umuwi, uuwi ako. I hate the distance between us but I know that this distance will help our hearts grow fonder. I love you. I love you. I freaking love you so much, Gabrielle Thalia. I will be waiting for you... kahit ilang araw, buwan, o taon. Ikaw pa rin ang mahal at mamahalin ko. Ikaw lang.

Love,
Laszlo Nikolas