Chapter 9

As they arrived at their house and rang the doorbell, Rakshan was startled to see everyone there.

Rakshan--"enna aachu, ellarum thirumba vanthuteenga (Why did everyone return, what happened?)", he opened the door and everyone entered.

Malini--"ellam atha Maya peiyala thaan (All of this is due to the ghost, Maya)",

Rakshan laughed at her and said, "enna panna?, packing-la ethavathu miss agiducha? (Exactly what did she do? Has anything been forgotten while packing?)"

Sivaangi--"illa thangam, avanga thaan pei (No Thangam. She is a ghost.)"

Rakshan,"enna olarura (Why are you blabbering)?", he asked in a confusing tone.

That's when Malini remembered something and she hurriedly took the phone and searched for something,

Malini--"itho kidachuruchu, inga paaru. Nanga edutha selfies, ithula ethulaiume Maya illa paaru. eduthappo check panathu apuram vitutom, inga paaru.. (This is it. View the pictures we shot that day as self-portraits. Maya is not present in any of these. She was at that time, but she is not today..)"

Raju approached Rakshan and explained everything while he was looking at the pictures. Rakshan was utterly stunned and broken. He had a sense that things were moving quickly, like world is spinning around. The heard thing is too much for him to process.

Ashwin and Raju grabbed him and forced him to sit just as he was about to fall. Maya walked in at that point carrying the grocery bag.

Maya --"enna elarum vanthurukeenga? ennachu? Mama enachu unaku? (What happened, why are you all here? Mama What happened to you?)",

Malini stopped her just as she was going to approach Rakshan.

Malini--"kita varatha, please angaye nillu. Engalukku ellam therium (Don't come near to us. Stay there. We know everything)"

Maya--"enna theirum? (What do you know?)"

Sivaangi --"neenga than pei nu (that you are a ghost)"

Maya-"enna ularal ithu, Mama neum pesama iruka? (What nonsense is this. Mama, Why aren't you talking)",

She moved closer to Rakshan and Malini immediately sprinkled her with holy powder.

Maya screamed uncontrollably, and her body is burned. Malini quickly handed the powder to Raju before rushing to the kitchen with Sivaangi. On Maya, they poured water from a container.

Sivaangi-"anni, romba eriutha? (Does it burn much? Sister-in-law)"

Malini--" antha aal, kita vara mudiathu nu than sonan, ipadi erium sollala, romba valikutha? (They said it would merely control you, but we were not aware that it would burn in such a way. is it paining a lot?)" Even the guys were unsure on how to respond after watching them both asking with tears.

They were strangled by Maya, who was extremely enraged at being exposed.

Rakshan--"Maya avangala vidu (Maya leave them)",

While Ashwin and Raju were struggling with Maya to leave them, Malini and Sivaangi were having difficulty breathing.

Rakshan--"Maya vidu nu sonen (Maya, I told you to leave)", he shouted and Maya left.

Raju and Ashwin looked after them, gave them some water, and helped them unwind for a while.

Rakshan--"enna Maya ithu? (What is this, Maya)"

Maya--"enna mama, Nan pei nu therinchathum, oru mathiri pesura? (Mama why? Since you now know the truth, your speech has changed.)"

Rakshan--"atha pathi pesalam, aana ippo nee pannathu enna?, nee pei nu therinchaalum kathunathum unakaga thudichu oadi vanthavangala ipadi kalutha nerichu sagadikka pakura? (Later, we will discuss that. What are you doing now, though? When you yelled while burning, they assisted you even after you knew the reality. You're attempting to murder them, though.)"