CHAPTER 1

Author's POV

*Beep..beep...beep*

The sound of Aveline's alarm made her wake up in her beauty sleep. Ugh.. Another boring day for Aveline. As much as she wants to just go back to sleep, she needs to go to school and probably don't want her Mom to shout on her to wake her up. She got out of her bed and entered the bathroom to take a bath of course.

After finishing getting ready, she made her way down the stairs and was greeted by her parents who's sitting at the dining table and eating their breakfast. "Good morning Mom, good morning Dad" Aveline greeted them "Oh good morning sweetheart" "Good morning honey" said by her parents.

She sat down at the table and her Mom handed her some pancakes and bacon. "So honey, are you excited to go to your new school?" Her Dad spoke up after how many minutes of silence "I guess.." Aveline replied and her Dad just nodded and they continued to eat their breakfast peacefully.

_________

"Elysia! Wake up!" The shout of her mother made her jump out of her bed and looked at her Mother who is standing at the door while crossing her arms. "You are going to be late, now chop chop" Mrs. Rosendale stated while closing the door. Elysia looked at the time and realized it's already 6:15 am. 'Oh shit' she ran to her bathroom and get ready for school.

After she had taken a bath, she instantly put on her uniform and makeup and checked the time 6:30 am. Elysia immediately walked downstairs only to be greeted by her parents, her Dad came up and kissed her on the forehead before saying good bye and went out of the house.

She made her way to the kitchen and sat on the chair in the dining table "Here's your breakfast sweetheart, now eat up or you are going to be late" her Mother said sternly "Thanks Mom" she said with a sweet smile and her Mother smiled at her too. She began to eat while her Mother is doing the dishes, it was quite no one dared to speak until her Mother broke it "How's school going honey? Still at the top?" Her Mother inquiried "Yes, of course Mom" she said proudly "That's good, how about you and Jake?" and that made Elysia's mood changed.

Jake was her childhood bestfriend and her parents think they will looked good for each other, but Elysia just can't bare to be with the man she doesn't even love romantically. Well okay Jake is handsome, smart, has a good sense of humor, healthy, and all. Every girls would be drooling over him except for Elysia. She just see him as her friend and nothing more.

Elysia just continue to eat and just pretend not to hear anything. As she was finished, she put the plate in the sink and bid good bye to her Mother. As the short haired girl went outside, she took a deep breath feeling the cold air breeze hitting her skin. She got into her car and started driving all the way to her school.

___

Elysia's POV:

As I started driving, I started to think again about what my Mother said earlier why can't just my parents understand that I will never marry Jake and we will just stay friends and nothing more. I sighed and I have arrived at my school. I parked my car in the parking lot and went outside before closing the door of my car. I put my car keys in my pocket and put my bag over my left shoulder.

I went inside and walk my way to my locker. I put on the code and put all the things that I won't be needing inside and I will just picked it up after school. I locked it and walked in the hallway to get into my first class.

I felt someone wrapped their hand on my shoulder which made me flinch and looked to my side only to find my best friend Abigail. Abigail and I met when we were on the seventh grade and now we are in Senior High our trust and closeness to each other are getting better and stronger.

"Hi my pretty and hot best friend, how are you?" Abigail said "Hi Abi, I'm okay and how about you?" I said with a small smile "Same goes to me, so boring wanna skip school?" Abi requested that made my eyebrows furrowed "Nope, we can't do that plus I don't want to get into any trouble so NO" I said the last word sternly "Ugh fine, bye beyotch see you later" she replied before we parted ways, to go into our respective classes.

__________

Aveline's POV:

As I was walking through the hallway to get into my first class on time, I bumped into someone "Ow" we both said and I put my hands on my head to soothened the pain. I lifted my head to see the person's face. I can't see her face clearly because she is looking down, but as soon as she looks up at me. I can see her worried "Ah, I'm so sorry I wasn't looking" the short haired girl said.

"It's okay, I'm sorry as well" I scratched the back of my neck and laugh awkwardly "Well okay.. I got to go, see you around" she said "Hmm, okay me too, see you around" I said and we continue to walked again to where we are going.

As soon as I got inside the classroom, all the people looked at my direction and I stand there awkwardly and waved at them before taking a sit at a vacant chair. I heard everyone is murmuring about me and I can all hear the boys saying "Damn, she so beautiful" "She's so hot" "I want her to be my girlfriend".

I just stayed quiet until it's already time and the Teacher walked inside the room. "Good morning class" our teacher said and we all greeted her back. "Okay take a seat, I'm going to check if everyone is present" and Miss Rose started to call each one of my classmates names, until she called one last student who I assume isn't here yet "Elysia Rosendale?" she called the person again and as our Teacher don't hear any response she looks down at the paper she is holding and put it on her table.

"Okay class, before we start our lesson, I would like you to meet your new classmate.." Miss Rose announced and looked at me. She gave me a smile and signal me to stand up, I slowly got up and smiled. "Can you introduce yourself, please?" I just nodded and started to introduce myself "Good morning everyone, I am Aveline Ashbourne and it is nice meeting you all" I simply said and I can hear the boys again teasing. "Boys that's enough, thank you for introducing to us Aveline you may now take your seat" I nodded and sat down.

I looked over to my side and saw this guy scooted closer to me but not too close from where I am seated. "Hi Aveline, my name is Claude" the guy said handing his hand out for me to shake "Hi, nice to meet you Claude" I said with a small smile and just looked back at the front. As our teacher was about to start discussing our lesson, someone opened the door and we averted our gaze to the girl who is out of breath from running and I recognized her, that's the girl I bumped into! "Good morning Ma'am, I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend some important meeting" she apologized "It's okay Elysia, just don't be late again, go take a seat I'm about to start our lesson" Ma'am Rose said and Elysia just nodded before taking a seat at the front row.

Hmm.. Elysia huh. Cute.

________________
A/n: hi guys! After so many months, I am finally back. Also sorry for any grammatical errors and etc. It's been a while.