CHAPTER 4

Elysia's POV:

The bell rang indicating it's lunch time and the end for our morning classes. All of my classmates stood up and start putting their things inside their bags.

"Oh class! I almost forgot, you will have a presentation to make about any topic you would like to discuss about Chemistry so pick whoever partner you want, that's all. Bye class!" Sir Michael said and leave our room.

As I finished packing my stuff and I saw Aveline putting her notebooks inside her bag and close her backpack before putting it on her right shoulder. I was about to approach her but then Claude our classmate approached her.

I stopped in my tracks and decided to wait for Aveline outside of our classroom. I was also thinking if she could be my partner for our presentation making.

After a few minutes Aveline walked out of the classroom with her usual serious and cold aura. I stand straight and looked at her with a smile. She was startled and put her hand on her chest.

"Goodness, are you trying to give me a heart attack Elysia?" she said rolling her eyes "Sorry, I was waiting for you and I wanted to ask if you could be my partner for the presentation?" I inquired and she looked at me for a moment as if thinking if she should say yes or no.

After a while, she shooked her head and said "Sure, as long as we get to make a presentation and for the grades also"

"YES, i mean yeah for the grades" I stated rubbing the back of my neck out of embarrassment "Anyways, let's go to the cafeteria and eat our lunch" I added and she nodded her head. We started to walk all the way to the hallway but then someone called me from behind.

"Elysia! Wait up" the person shouted and I know who it is. It's none other than Abigail. Aveline and I stop in our tracks and looked behind.

"Gosh, let me take a breather for a second" Abigail said panting as she was running earlier to catch up with us. She looked who is beside me and compose herself while looking back at me confused.

"Who is this?" she mouthed "She's Aveline, she's one of my classmates and she's new here" I answered and she nodded looking at Aveline with a smile on her face.

"Hi Aveline, my name is Abigail" Abi said "One of Elysia's best friends, nice to meet you" she added then handed her hand out for Aveline to shake. Aveline looked at her hand and back up to face Abigail. "Nice to meet you too Abigail" Aveline responsed shyly and shook Abigail's hand.

"Okay! Enough with the introduction, let's go eat something, I'm starving" I pouted and the two looked at me. They laughed causing me to frown.

"You're always hungry," Abigail stated, then I roll my eyes to her then we started walking again through the cafeteria.

Aveline's POV:

As we get inside the cafeteria many students are already occupying the table. "Aish!" Elysia mumbled who is beside me. I looked at her and her friend Abigail.

"Let's just eat our lunch to our usual spot Ely" Abigail said making Elysia nodded her head in agreement and turned to look at me.

"Is it okay for you Vel? I mean it is more okay in our spot and you can eat there peacefully" Elysia inquired "O-oh s-sure" I agreed "Great! So we are just gonna buy food and then go there quickly" Abigail stated with a smile.

We headed to the counter and purchased on what we are gonna have for lunch. After that, we walked out of the cafeteria and Elysia and her friend takes the lead to go to their so called 'spot' and I just followed them until we reached it.

Elysia was right it looked so peaceful and  only a few people are there, who is also having their lunch while reading a book. "Let's go there" Elysia stated and I looked at where she is pointing, there is a table and next to it was a big tree. We walk over there and sat at the bench. We put down our things and settled our lunch on the table.

Once we are settled, we began eating silently for a second and Elysia's friend cleared her throat and Elysia who is beside me looked up and I also looked at her friend.

"So, Elysia why did you transfer here in our school?" Abigail inquiried and I think of an answer before finally speaking up "W-well, my old school didn't go well so my father transferred me here instead" I kind of stuttered while saying it but they gave me a nod and silence took over us once more and we started eating our food again until we are finished.

It's kind of awkward since I'm not really an outgoing person and mostly the schools that I had go to, I don't have any friends, but there is something in Elysia that I get easily comfortable with her and I could really trust her.

The bell rang again and Abigail goes to her class after saying good bye to us and Elysia and I go to our classes as well.

_______________

Author's POV:

All of their classes are finished and it is time to go home. As Aveline was putting her things in her backpack someone approached her and tap her shoulder. She flinched a bit and turned around to see who's that person.

It was the guy that tried talking to her on her first day. Claude.

"Hi! Sorry for disturbing you but did you received the paper that I placed on your locker?" Claude stated and Aveline slowly nodded to answer his question.

"E-erm, w-what do you think? Is it a yes or no?" Claude added nervously, scratching his not-so itchy nape and smiling awkwardly, the taller girl looked at him and thinking deeply.

As Aveline was about to decline the guy's offer, someone spoke behind them. "Aveline! You are so slow- oh! what are you doing here Claude?" Elysia said after she finally reached them.

"U-uh, I was just asking Aveline something, what about you?" he replied back to Elysia, "Eh, well I was about to talk to Aveline about our presentation" she said which made Claude nodded his head and turned back to Aveline with his genuine and handsome smile.

"I should get going then, maybe next time? Bye guys, stay safe on your way home" Claude said before leaving both of the two girls inside the room.

"Okay, so about our presentation I think we should just go to my house and do it there? Does that sound good to you?" the smaller girl inquires with a cute smile plastered on her face. "Sure, what time though?" Aveline asked which make Elysia clapping her hand excitedly and doing those little jumps, looking as if she was a kid that just got bought by a candy.

"Right now! Let's go" Elysia says and that makes Aveline widened her eyes "W-wait what-" but before she finish her sentence Elysia held her hand and dragged her out of the room and on the way to the school parking lot.

Aveline just sighed and shook her head, letting Elysia drag her out of the school. 

Aish! such an annoying little girl...

_____________________

Hello, sorry for the super super late update again. I am so busy these past few months because of school and stuff. Probably I will update again when it's our vacation hihi

Sorry for any grammatical errors, I'm too lazy to read it again hihi.

Stay safe and enjoy. Mumu.😙🫶🏻