one.

Tris' POV

I was that kind of girl who just hides everything inside. Including my deepest darkest fears,

Being in love.

But now, I know how it feels like. To go trough all the things I've never felt. For You how does it feel like to be in love with guy with probably the worst anger issues? For me, it's the best and worst feeling ever.

Martijn, the 17 year old boy who lives in a huge house to himself. The lot itself was owned by his great grandfather, the colonizer. The demons from his ancestors still stay on his heart. His scent from the city of sin still lingers since that day. All I wish is to change him. To be a normal boy, with a normal life, no alcohol, no smoking and no bad things.

[A/N story starts here]

1st May 2013

I was just going to school and everyday, my dad drives me to school. And everyday we always go pass an old unused lot. People say that the lot was owned by the colonizers from the past. Dealers tried to sell the lot, but noone ever buys. Until this morning. We saw constructors building on the lot. My dad saw it too and he said "oh this lot is finally used! Wonder who bought it, must've cost a lot..". And we continued our way to school.

When I got there I saw my best friend, Thals. "Hey! You studied for exams?" She said. "Yeah ofcourse, it's math. I'll be dead if I don't." I said and we laughed. "And uh.. did you see this morning?" "See what?".
"You know, the old lot.. people said that it's bought by a dutch person.." she said while her face expression is serious. "What do you mean? My great grandpa? Colonizers? They won't bother anymore. Right?" I said. "Ofcourse not! And plus, if there's a guy in there, probably hot.." she said. "So you're saying dutch boys are hot?" I said. "Yeah! And ugh.. they're sooo athletic.. and.. DJ'S!! OH MY GOD DUTCH DJS ARE SOOOO HOTTT!!!" she shouted and I laughed at how weird she is. "Okay, okay.. and remember, you have a boyfriend." I said and we head to class.

10th August 2015

Same old school day, passing the now finished building. From the looks of it, a person or a family has moved in. Today is my first day of class. And I'm kinda worried if I don't have a friend to be with at the new class.

When I got there, I took my blue lacoste bag and got out my dad's BMW and said a quick goodbye. I got in and walked straight trough the hallway. I saw on the notice board that I'm on class XI-A4. I read some of my classmate's friends and spotted familiar names. But on the number 14, right under my number 13 I saw a name, not very familiar..

13. Beatrice Van Fleur | XI-A4
14. Martijn Gerard Garritsen | XI-A4

From the looks of it his name isn't from arround here.. but kinda hard to pronounce.. just like mine.. so probably another ancestry from dutch.

So I got in to the classroom and saw the duo class clown, Willem and Ralph, Thal, Charlie, and another guy wearing a hoodie.. probably a newbie. I approached Thals and Charlie.

"Hey! Finally.. we're on a class together.. last year was a pain in the ass not seeing you.." Thals said. "Well yeah and where are your seats?" I asked. "On the corner over there but the seats are on ordinal class numbers." Charlie said while pointing to her chair. I nodded and started looking for my chair. I counted the chairs and found mine, beside the new boy.. he was just scrolling trough his phone and I tought that he really needs a friend or two so why not?

I put my bag on the chair and sat down next to him.

"Hai.. nama mu siapa? (Hello.. what's your name?)" I said, using the local language, just to see if he understands. He took off his hoodie and looked at me like I was an alien. If I must say, he looks kinda attractive.. With green greyish eyes, light brownish hair that looks very soft and pink lips. I think my cheeks are heating up..

"Wat seg je?(what are you saying?)" He said. Then I realised that he's really a dutch person. Kinda felt dumb after talking Indonesian.

"Oh spijt me dat ik dacht dat je uit rond hier.. (oh I'm sorry I thought you were from arround here..)" I said.

"Wacht, je Nederlandse bent?! (Wait, you're dutch?!)" He said.

"Ja, afkomst. (Yes, ancestry.)" I said.

"Goed om een ander nederlands persoon hier. (Good to have company here.)" He said and gave me a weak smile which I returned.

"Mij naam is Tris. Martijn, recht?(My name is Tris. Martijn, Right?"

He nodded and smiled again.

"Oh damn! Tris' found a dutch boyfriend!" Thals shouted.

"Shut up Thal." I said while giving her a stare.

The class just started to get more crowded. Then I noticed someone walking towards us. Oh shoot.. It's my old crush from last year. Jordan. "Sup Tris? Got a new dutch boyfriend? Too bad, I might just ask you out for a date.." He said while smirking. Wow he got worse since last year. "Don't you have Leah, Jordan? Go and sleep with her I don't give a damn." I said and actually, I do give a damn. "Maybe I will." He said then walks away.

"ik hou niet van hem. Hij ziet eruit als een stapel stront. (I don't like him. He looks like a pile of shit.)" Martijn said in all of a sudden.

"je engels begrijpen?(You understand English?)" I asked.

"Ja, natuurlijk. (Yes, ofcourse.)"

"Why are we speaking in dutch then?" I asked.

"Zodat hij niet begrijpt. (So he doesn't understand.)" he said.

"Goed punt. (Good point.)" I replied.

I looked at the clock and it reads 7.52am and class starts at 8. I just waited for the bell by doing nothing and just look arround my new class. Then my eyes spot something bright red under the table. It was Martijn's shoes. He didn't know?

"Aren't we supposed to wear black dominant coloured shoes at mondays?" I said.

He shot his head up and his face looks surprised. "Oh fuck. Really? What am I supposed to do?" He said. "Come. I think a friend of mine has a spare on his locker." I said.

I looked arround to look for my friend, a student from Germany last year, Anton. "Hey Ant! You have spare black shoes?" I said. "Yeah I do. It's on my locker, I'll take it." He said. "Thanks ant." I said and he smiled.

A few minutes later he came back and handed me his black nikes. Martijn quickly takes his red ones off and puts on the black ones. The bell rang just in time. Martijn whispered a quick thanks to me and we started the lessons.

"Good morning everybody, I'm miss Rachel, some of you might know me from last year's music class and this year is my first time being a homeroom techer, thanks for having me." Our new teacher said. Then I looked on my right and noticed that martijn has took his jacket off and it reveals his arm. He rolled his sleeve and his arm just looks tighter. God my cheeks are burning again..

My thoughts are bothered with miss Rachel talking again. "And I noticed there's a new face here. Well hello dear, would you like to come in front to introduce yourself?" She was talking to martijn but he didn't seem to notice so I nudged his arm and he noticed. "O-oh yeah.. Sure.." He said and walked to the front.

"Go ahead.." She said.

"Mij naa- oh I mean my name is martijn but call me martin, I'm from the netherlands nice to meet you all. 'Behalve voor die kerel in de hoek'.(Except for that guy in the corner.)" he said and I giggled softly bucause he kind of mumbled the last part loud enough for me to hear and I think he's reffering to Jordan.

"What did you say at the last part?" Miss Rachel asked him.

"Oh it's dutch to 'thanks for having me here'." He lied and grinned to me and I giggled again.

Smooth.

So how was the first part? Hope you like it!