Chapter 5 - Caught

Ponyboy's POV:

I woke up to a loud thud sound. I looked over at Soda, who was dying of laughter, and saw Steve standing up from the floor. "What happened?..." I rubbed my eyes. "Someone pushed me off the bed." He separated the word someone while making eye contact with Soda. Soda started to laugh harder. "I didn't mean to, honestly Steve."

"Gee, thanks for the help, Soda. I really appreciate it." Soda smiled at him. "Of course." He scooted over and Steve laid down again. "Is your head okay?" Steve nodded and laughed slightly. I groaned. "It's too early for this..." I rolled over onto my side to go back to sleep.

I soon heard Darry yelling. "It's time to get up boys!" I groaned again and so did Steve. I slid off the bed and almost fell once my feet hit the ground. I slowly walked out of the room and went down the hall.

I saw Johnny still on the couch, half asleep. "Good morning, Johnny." I smiled at him. He returned the smile. "Good morning, Pony." I looked around to make sure no one was paying attention, and kissed the top of his head. I ruffled his hair and walked to the kitchen.

Darry had gotten the cake out already. I grinned and got a slice and sat down on the floor in front of the TV. I started to eat my cake when I saw Steve and Soda tripping over each other trying to get to the bathroom. Soda managed to get there first.

Darry had walked into the room and sighed. "Soda! We're going to be late!" Soon enough, Steve and Soda were tripping over each other again until they got to the living room. "I guess you too, Steve. Okay, come on." They all went out the door, Steve messing with Soda on the way.

Once they had left, I turned to Johnny. "Everyone left." He looked at me. "Okay." He slowly got up and went out to the kitchen. "I mean, uh, we're here alone." He chuckled and came back with a piece of cake. "And what's that supposed to imply?" I started to blush, heavily embarrassed. "What?! No! Not like that Johnny! I just meant that we could cuddle or something if you wanted, without worrying about people seeing."

He laughed and sat down beside me. "No, I know. I just wanted to mess with you." I rolled my eyes and pushed his shoulder lightly. "Rude." He chuckled and ate some of his cake. "I know." He put his head on my shoulder and continued eating. "Johnny? Can I tell ya somethin'?" "Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't you be able to? Your my boyfriend and best friend." I felt my heart flutter at the word boyfriend.

"It might be too soon though. I'm not good with this sorta thing so." He chuckled. "It's fine, I'm sure whatever it is, it can't be that bad." He tilted his head up and kissed my cheek to reassure me, but all it did was fluster me. "R-right. It isn't that I know of." He smiled. "Good. Well, I'm listening." I looked at him.

"I uh... I love you, Johnny. I really do." He smiled widely and kissed me. I kissed him back and put my plate down onto the floor. I put my hand on the side of his face and my other in my lap. (Not like that.) We broke apart and breathed kinda heavily.

"I'll take that as you love me too?" We both chuckled and smiled. "Yeah, yeah, I love you too." I grinned. "Good. I'd hope you would." I laughed and picked my plate back up. I continued to eat my piece of cake.

Once I finished my cake, I put the plate into the sink and sat down on the floor again. Johnny had down the same and sat next to me. I grinned and took his hand into mine, interlocking our fingers. "Are we going to tell Soda?" I look at him. He nodded. "Yeah, I don't see why not." I nodded.

"Okay, good. I think he deserves to know." Johnny smiled. "He does." Johnny unlaced our hands and put his hands around my waist, pulling me close to him. He put his chin on my shoulder and kissed my cheek. "Are you telling me you want to cuddle or something?" I look at him.