Chapter 7 - Talking

Ponyboy's POV:

I moved around and attempted to roll onto my side, but wasn't able to. Confused, I opened my eyes and noticed Johnny. He had his arms around me and his head against my chest. I smiled and kissed his head.

Past Johnny, was Soda laying on his back, snoring. I blinked a couple times and rubbed my eyes. He looked like he had passed out after a night of partying, which was kinda funny.

I played with Johnny's hair, waiting to see if he would wake up. After a few minutes, I kissed his head and unwrapped his arms from me. I did my best to stand up off the bed without waking him or Soda.

I pulled the blanket over his shoulder and smiled at him before walking out of the room. I walked out to the living room and saw Steve halfway off the couch. I looked at him and sighed. How? I groaned quietly when I noticed him waking up.

As Steve was waking up, he rolled and fell off the couch. He laid there for a few seconds. "D'you (do you) want help?" He rolled onto his side to look at me and sighed. "No... can you get me some water though?" He dragged himself onto the couch.

"I guess." I walked out to the kitchen and saw Soda walking down the hall slowly, almost running into the wall a few times. "Mornin' Soda." He nodded and leaned against the wall. I grabbed a glass and filled it with tap water.

Soda grabbed the glass from me and drank about half of it. "Oh come on... that was for Steve, Soda." He shrugged and gave me the glass back. "He'll survive, just refill it." I rolled my eyes and mumbled, "Yeah, yeah..." I refilled the glass and sighed before taking it out to Steve.

Soda was sat next to him. When did he walk out? Steve had his head resting against the couch. Soda copied him and started to talk. "Here, Steve." Steve looked at me and grinned before taking the water. "Thanks kid." I nodded. Soda continued talking.

Steve drank roughly half of the water and set it down before placing a hand over Soda's mouth. "Soda, dude, I have a headache. You aren't helping. I mean this with love, shut up." He took his hand off his mouth. Soda rolled his eyes and I chuckled.

"Hey kid?" I groaned and looked at him. "Mhm?" He grinned. "Get me something that helps with headaches would ya? Like, oh, I don't know, an ibuprofen?" I nodded. "I guess." Soda looked at him. "Why?" I sighed and started to walk away. I heard Steve say, "Headache." I snickered and yelled to them, "Hangover."

I had a feeling Steve rolled his eyes and drank some of the water. I walked back out with an ibuprofen. I handed it to him and grinned. "Your lucky we have some." He nodded and swallowed it. He leaned his head against the couch again.

I looked at him. "I hope your headache hurts." I smiled and Soda hit my arm lightly. I shrugged and walked to my bedroom. Johnny was still asleep. I smiled at him and walked over to the bed.

I moved the cover back and laid down behind him. I put my arm over him and put my head against the back of his. As soon as I did this, he turned around and smiled. He slowly opened his eyes before wrapping his arms around me and putting his head against my chest.

"Mornin' Pony." He looked at me. "Have you been awake?" He nodded. "Mhm, I didn't feel like getting up." He smiled and stretched. "Yeah, I guess that's understandable." He smiled and nodded.

"Well, eventually you need to get up." I looked at him and smiled. I brushed his hair out of his face and continued to look at him while smiling. He stretched and moved around some. He yawned.

Johnny unwrapped his arms from me and slowly sat up. He looked at me and then looked down, like he was pondering something. He laid back down and mumbled, "Not worth it..."