Chapter 1: Peter

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel or its characters, if I did the Peter Parker/Kitty Pryde forever.

I wanted to try to make my own ShadowSpider 616 stories. This is ShadowSpider Prime: The Blind Date, the first story of a series that I plan to write. I also have other ShadowSpider stories written, some based in Earth 616 but separated from ShadowSpider Prime Series. Anyway this is the first chapter of this story, I hope you like it.

Timeline:
This takes place after Marauders #16, and before Mr. Negative's return

Earth 616, United States, New York, New York, Central Park, December 20, 5:50 pm

Peter Parker also known as the Amazing Spider-Man was walking down the sidewalk in Central Park wearing a black blazer over a white collared shirt, Khaki pants and black shoes. Now you're wondering why at this time is Peter walking in Central Park dressed the way he is and not swinging around New York as Spider-Man. Well, the simple answer is that he has a date. A blind date...uh, he really hates blind dates.

Peter sighs, "How did I get myself into this," he questioned as he thinks back to how he got to this point.

5 Days Ago

Peter was in his room lying in his bed brooding on his breakup with Mary Jane that happened two weeks prior. He couldn't help it; he was just trying to understand what went wrong this time. She said that she loved him, but she couldn't handle the worrying anymore. The same reason as usual, she couldn't handle the worrying. He thought that they would be able to get through that. Was he wrong? He loved her, wanted to ask her to marry him, to become his wife, he even tried that to get her to stay with him, but she said no. What is wrong with him? What did he do to deserve this? To be alone. Is that his destiny? To spend the rest of his days as Spider-Man, protecting people. No wife, no children, no family. Is this the world's way of telling him that that kind of future isn't in the cards for guys like him.

Peter sighed...suddenly he heard his phone ring, picking it up Peter looked at who is calling him and sees that it's Reed Richards also known as Mr. Fantastic. Surprised and perplexed at the phone call, Peter answers it, Reed doesn't call much unless it has something to do with an experiment or it's important and right now Peter could go for either or. "Hey Reed, what's up," Peter asked

"Peter, I'm just calling to ask if you would like to come over. I have an experiment that I need help with. If it's successful than we might be able to use it to save Franklin's powers," Reed said

"Really," Peter asked surprised

"Yes, but I need some help. I was wondering if you could come over and help," Reed said

"Sure, whenever you need me," Peter said

"Could you come now," Reed said

Peter looked at the clock and saw that it was 4:00pm, "Sure, I'm on my way," Peter said

"Thanks Peter," Reed said

4th Yancy Street

Spider-Man is shown swinging to the home of the Fantastic Four, when he arrives, he decides to enter through the front door for once. Not like it would be surprising for people to see Spider-Man visiting. It is widely known that he's had close relations to the Fantastic Four, so close that when Johnny "died" that in his will he asked for Spider-Man to take his place. Approaching the door Spider-Man knocks four times, after a minute of waiting, the door opens, and Spider-Man sees Susan Storm-Richards also known as the Invisible Woman, Reed's wife, and Franklin's mother.