CHAPTER 1

I never trust a narcissist

☆☆☆

"Dustbin, Lasso, and Starry"

Scarlette, Valerie, and Nancy were sitting on Nancy's bed talking about random stuff. Until Nancy got a call from Steve Harrington. Scarlett hated Steve. He was a jerk and he was cocky. He also had a very big ego, which Scarlett hated. Scarlett hated everything about him. From his ugly tall hair to his pristine white shoes.

As Scarlett and Valerie were dancing to imaginary music, and Nancy was blabbering on to Steve, Valerie's younger cousin, Dustin, was at the door.

"Hey, Nancy." He said with his toothless smile. "There's a slice left if you want it. Sausage and pepperoni!" He spoke with his lisp.

"Hold on." Nancy said to Steve. Valerie and Scarlett didn't like Sausage so they didn't even bother getting the slice.

Nancy got up from her bed, and as she did, Dustin's toothy smile grew more.

Until Nancy shut the door in his face.

"Yeah, I'm back." She said into the phone.

Valerie raced to the door as she remembered something.

"Hey dustbin! My mom says your mom says to get home safe! Also tell Lacy she's coming home with me!" Valerie yelled out to her younger cousin.

"Ya know, Nancy, you didn't have to be so mean to Dustin." Scarlett said, looking at the bed instead of at her.

"What do you mean? I wasn't mean to him." She said.

Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"Oh my God, Scarlett, you're being dramatic." She said with a smile. Scarlett just decided to calm down, because Nancy was her best friend since she was 10, and was really her first friend.

"I should go. My curfew is 10:30 and it takes a while to skateboard home." Scarlett told the two girls.

"I should probably get home too. My mom said to get home before 10:15." The blond said.

The two bestfriends walked out together.

"You know what would be really nice?" Scarlett said, turning to Valerie

"Starry, I'm not giving you a ride home." Valerie said. Valerie had called Scarlett starry since she first met her. And Scarlett loved the nickname, but she realized she hated it when anyone else called her it. "Lasso! Come on! We're leaving!" Valerie yelled to her younger sister.

"Pleaseee Valley? It's cold and I don't feel like skating." Scarlett made a fake pouty face. Valerie sighed.

"Fine." She said. Scarlett broke out into a smile.

"Yay! I love you so so much you're literally my bestest friend..." and Scarlett continued on with hundreds of compliments while jumping.

Scarlett got into the passenger seat of Valerie's mom's car, while Lacy got into the back seat. Then Valerie got in and started the car.

They buckled their seatbelts almost all at the same time and Scarlett pushed in a cassette that was Valerie's.

"Do you both have your seatbelts on?" Valerie asked the two.

"Yep." They both said, and with that, Valerie drove out of the driveway.

☆☆☆

"YOU ARE THE DANCING QUEENN YOUNG AND SWEET!!!" Scarlett and Valerie yelled at the top of their lungs after dropping Lacy off.

"ONLY SEVENTEEEEEN!!!" They continued with huge smiles on their faces.

"So, Starry, do you like anyone?" Valerie asked her, holding an imaginary microphone

"No, do you?" Scarlett said, pushing Valerie's hand back to her.

"No. Jeez, we're boring." Valerie said, turning to her best friend.

"Do you wanna go roller skating this Saturday?" Scarlett asked. "I'll ask Barb and Nancy too."

"Sure, I have nothing else to do." Valerie said.

Madi speaks!

Idk what to write since this is a pre written chapter, but I'll probably be posting every Saturday at 3:00 pm est, also, sorry this is a shorter chapter it's really just character building and such