CHAPTER 3

So I play 'em like a violin

☆☆☆

Scarlett was at Valerie's house listening to Queen while Valerie painted Scarlett's nails.

"Mom says it's time for dinner." Valerie's little sister, Kimberly, said. "And turn that ugly music off." She said with a grimace. She walked out of the doorway with her mom's heels clicking against the floor.

Valerie rolled her eyes and blowed on Scarlett's electric blue nails. They then got up and went out to the dining room. Her mom, Lacy, and Kimberly sat at the dining table. Valerie's parents got a divorce a few months after her older brother died in a car accident when she was only in 6th grade. Scarlett felt horrible for Valerie when she told her.

Scarlett and Valerie sat down at the table and began eating.

"Mom, when can Dustin and aunt Claudia come over for dinner again?" Lacy asked.

"Well, we have been talking about them coming over every Saturday for dinner, so maybe this coming Saturday." Valerie's mom said with a smile.

"I heard that bowlcut boy you're friends with is missing." Kimberly said to Lacy as she stuffed pasta into her mouth.

"Kimberly! That's a sensitive matter you can't just be saying things like that." Valerie's mom scolded. "And, his name is Will." She added.

Valerie and Scarlett looked at eachother, both trying not to laugh.

"Oh yeah, mom, can I go over to Gabe's house tomorrow?" Lacy asked.

"Sure, but I'm picking you up before dinner." Ms. Jones said.

"What do you mean you're picking me up?" Lacy asked with furrowed brows.

"Well, a kid is missing and I'm not gonna let you just ride around with your bike when someone could've taken him." Ms Jones stated.

"Or something. Ooooo!" Valerie said, holding in a laugh.

"I say it was Bigfoot." Scarlett said before eating some pasta.

"Or! Maybe something from that game they play!" Valerue said.

"No, that stuffs not real." Scarlett dismissed.

"But Bigfoot is?" Valerie asked.

"Yes. Yes he is." Scarlett replied.

"Girls, you shouldn't be making jokes about this, he could be kidnapped or seriously injured." Ms. Jones said, twirling some pasta on her fork.

"Sorry mom." Valerie said.

"Yeah sorry Ms. Jones." Scarlett apologized.

☆☆☆

"When alpha particles, go through gold foil, they become..." Barb questioned, reading off of a flash card as they walked through the halls of Hawkins high.

"Unoccupied space." Nancy replied.

"A molecule that can-" Barb started before she was interrupted by Steve harrington grabbing the cards out of her grasp.

I Did Something Bad | Stranger Thingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें