CHAPTER 4

And I make it look oh so easy

☆☆☆

"Why did you kill dimitri?"

Scarlett woke up for school 30 minutes early. She groaned and quite literally rolled out of bed, her blanket now wrapped around her like a cocoon. She sat up, then tried to stand and failed and fell onto the floor. She groaned once again, and pulled herself out of the blanket cocoon. She stumbled over to her dresser and pulled out an AC/DC sweatshirt and a pair of jeans.

She pulled the clothes on then went to the bathroom to brush her teeth, hair, and even put on some mascara since she had the time. She went back to her room, put on deodorant and her perfume, then went out and watched TV.

"What are you doing up so early?" Hopper asked her as he walked out of his room in his uniform.

"I had a dream." Scarlett said, staring at the TV even though her eyes were blurred.

"About what?" He asked her.

"My mom." She said. It had been nearly 9 years since she died. Nearly everyone in Hawkins knew what happened to her mom, just some that didn't know that she was her daughter. Hopper showed a sympathetic smile and went to the bathroom to get ready. Scarlett continued watching TV.

☆☆☆

"Hey, Fancy Shnancy." Scarlett said as she walked up to Nancy, Valerie walking up to Nancy from the other side. Nancy jumped slightly.

"Jeeze, you scared me." She sighed. Scarlett smiled. The two followed Nancy to her locker, before the man that Valerie and Scarlett had grown to hate more and more came over. Valerie groaned and grabbed scarletts wrist and tugged her away from the boy, who's hair resembled Jimmy Neutrons.

"Oh my God, I swear if I see him one more time I might just rip all of the hair that defies gravity out of his head." Valerie said, pulling Scarlett to math.

"I swear, he uses more hairspray and gel in a year than I will probably use in a lifetime." Scarlett exaggerated. Valerie pulled her to their seats, quickly noticing that Barb wasn't there.

"Where's Barb?" Scarlett said, furrowing her brows. Valerie shrugged.

"Maybe Tommy H kidnapped her during that party for test answers." Valerie said, eyes wide, obviously joking. "Okay, but being serious, she's probably just like sick or something." Valerie reassured.

"Yeah... maybe. But, once she came to school when she had the flu. She definitely wouldn't just skip because she has a little cold." Scarlett said, worrying.

"She's probably fine, Starry." Valerie said, placing a hand on her friends shoulder. Just then, Nancy came in and sat down and looked at the empty desk that their red-haired friend usually sat.

"Where's Barb?" Nancy asked. Valerie and Scarlett shrugged their shoulders.

"We thought you would know, since she went to the party with you." Valerie said, growing slightly more worried. Then the bell rung, cutting their conversation short.

☆☆☆

Valerie drove Scarlett to her house, singing along to The Smiths. They had tried picking Lacy up, but she had refused and said that she wanted to bike, to clear her mind. The two older girls ended up leaving her and drove home.

"Can I stay over for a bit. My house is sooo boring." Scarlett begged.

"Yeah, of course. But since we're already going to your house, you might as well just write a note for your dad." Valerie said, making sure to keep her eyes on the road. Scarlett nodded. The car pulled into Scarletts somewhat drive way. She quickly got out and wrote a quick note, leaving it on the end table. She went back out and sat in the car. They then made their way to Valerie's house.

Valerie opened the door and took her shoes off and Scarlett did the same. The girls ran to Valerie's room.

"Hey! Val, where is Lacy?" Ms. Jones asked her daughter.

"Oh, she said she wanted to bike home. She's probably with Gabe, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin." Valerie said, worrying a little for her sister. Ms. Jones nodded and went back to the living room. The two girls went to the blondes bedroom.

"Okay, so, what should we do?" Scarlett asked, flopping onto the bed.

"Truth or truth?" Valerie asked. Scarlett nodded her head with a big smile on her face.

"Why did you kill Dimitri." Scarlett asked with a Russian accent.

"Oh, that is too easy. Dimitri, he knew too much. He was compromised." Valerie replied back in a Russian accent.

"Yes, you know, we all know too much eventually." Scarlett added, holding in a laugh, suddenly hearing police sirens. "What the hell?" Scarlett said, looking out the window.

"Oh my God. There's an ambulance." Valerie said, joining her at the window. They turned their faces to eachother in sync.

"Will." They muttered at the same time.

"Oh shit." Scarlett said, wide eyed.

"Should we like... do something?" Valerie asked. The brunette turned to her best friend with a weird look.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, like... a vigil."

"We don't even know who it is or if they're dead. Some old person we don't know mightve just thought someone broke in, but really it was a mirror." Now, it was the blondes turn to look at her best friend weirdly.

"Are you serious?" She deadpanned.

"I just don't want anyone to worry!" Scarlett exclaimed.

Madi speaks!
I am so sorry for not updating! There's just been so much going on, it was both of my grandmas birthdays, then mine, and then today's was my sister's. I've also had tests and stuff so it's just been hard to update, I'm rlly sorry! BUT ANYWAYSSS, TTPD IS OUT IN 18 DAYS AHHH