Closeness ❤️

Next day -

Finally, they were assigned their respective tasks. Fortunately, Aria and Kashish were placed in the same department, the executive department. Their responsibilities included handling legal matters, documents, and contracts, making their workload quite demanding.

KASHISH'S POV -

Ugh! Once again, I've been burdened with a challenging task. Well, regardless, we were instructed to take the documents and modify them before presenting them to the CEO.

I have to encounter that obnoxious boss again.

Asshole!

But what did he mean by "little one"? It gives me a strange sense of familiarity, but I can't fucking seem to recall it.

I shrugged off my thoughts and immersed myself in my work.

After a while, Aria joined me, and we discussed both work-related and personal matters. I was taken aback when I learned that I had been assigned the most difficult task-reviewing all the contracts and providing detailed explanations to that jerk of a boss.

Why me? Why?

I even contemplated asking the department head, but all he said was, "It's because your portfolio stands out among the others."

So, just because my portfolio is better, I should suffer, right?

Bastard!

Nevertheless, I continued with my work, and finally, by eight in the evening, I completed all my tasks.

This job is already draining me on the very first day.

I approached the department head, who was packing up to leave.

"Excuse me, sir!" I mumbled respectfully. He turned towards me, raising an inquisitive eyebrow.

"I have finished half of the files. Should I show them to the CEO?"

He glanced at his watch and nodded.

"I'm not sure if he's still around, but give it a try. If he's not there, you can show them to him tomorrow."

I nodded and made my way to the top floor. I hope he doesn't resort to his ridiculous behaviour again.

Finally, I reached the floor and spotted his assistant leisurely sipping her coffee. She seemed so relaxed, while I felt utterly stressed.

"What?" she asked me, and I rolled my eyes. What an attitude!

"Where is the boss?" I asked rudely. What a bitch!

She narrowed her eyes at me and replied angrily, "How dare you speak to me so rudely, bitch? Do you even know who I am?"

I rolled my eyes again and was about to retort when the CEO's door swung open, revealing Mr. Knight.

"Mr. Knight, I..." I began, but the assistant interjected, "Sir, look how rudely she's speaking to me. I simply asked her what was wrong or if she needed any assistance, and she cursed me, calling me rude."

I looked at her, shocked. She has the audacity to lie!

"I did. So what?" I rolled my eyes once more, and he looked at me in disbelief.

"Ms. Sharma, I believe I warned you about something downstairs," he coldly reminded me.

"When it comes to my self-respect, I don't fucking care about anyone's warning," I retorted rudely.

Shit! I've screwed up big one this time.

Get ready to be fired!

He smirked, but his expression seemed to hint at anger. Hehe.