Proximities

The night is silent except the constant buzzing of crickets. It's darkness as far as one can see. Stars, which normally hang all over the sky, are nowhere to find. Moon is seeking refuge in arms of black clouds. Greenery and forests, which feel so refreshing and lively at daytime, appear gaunt and spooky, painting an eerie landscape.

Krist has his eyes fixed on the figure shuffling inside the cottage house, through the open window of the kitchen.Tracking each and every move of the pregnant human like he has been doing for the last 3 days. One can call him a creep for behaving like that, but it has no effect over the hybrid. For him, keeping an eye on the troubled teenager is much more of significance than proving his righteous intentions.

Three days have passed since he has come down to Waren while looking for Kongpob, who has gotten on the first bus and left for his hometown as soon as Arthit dropped him off at his dorm. Krist had not known about it if he hadn't gone to later's dorm to apologise.

He silently followed his junior who was crying buckets all the way. Krist can't explain how tormented he felt at that moment. He desperately wished to go over and hug the guy, cradle him in his arms, and take away all his grief and pains. Yet, all Krist could do is watch. If the half vampire has thought that other would have a long line of family members waiting in queue to carry on all his demands and whims, he was in for a great shock. He saw, helplessly, how his junior gets out of the bus, wiping away his tears. Trudging his way, wetting under the heavy rain cause fuck! the skies chose that moment to split open and pour down all its frustration on Earth. All Krist could do is curse, and silently shadow the younger one, stealthily. Secretly.

Krist's eyes snapped back to present as his phone rings. Placing the device beneath his ear, he turns his back towards the cottage, and answers," Hello brother!! How's the date going on?"

"Fuck you!! I am in this shit because of you asshat!!!", Arthit yelled as soon as he received the call.

"Why in the hell you had to go and sleep with that bitch???", Arthit growled in his deep angry voice. Massaging his temple as he glances at his watch. Finding his date running late.

Krist snorted like the other us telling a big fat joke," Don't you blame me. AAAND SHE is saying that we had sex not me"

"Like that makes any difference?", Arthit grunted, sipping on his second cup of coffee. Grimacing as the bitter taste burnt his tongue.

"It DO makes difference punk!! I think Manow is lying through her teeth", Krist suggested, looking over his shoulder, smiling as he watches his junior shuffling from windows to windows, to and fro holding a thick glass jar.

"What do you mean?? You himself said that you couldn't keep your pants on and-

"She said not me. She said that we slept together. I had no memory and that's in itself is a suspicious thing. We are hybrids. We make other lose their memory not the other way round", Krist emphasized. That Manow girl has always given him a wierd vibe.

"Ugghhh!!! I am going out of my mind right now", Arthit growled in a low deadly voice.

Krist hums. He can imagine the famous permanent scowl pasted over his twin's face at the moment as he sits in the city's most prestigious and pricey hotel to attend his very first forced date.

"Oh C'mon Arthit!! We have gone over this hundreds of times.. Just tell her out loud that you don't wanna go with the proposition and -

"But father-

"It's your life not dad's. He can't expect us to sacrifice ourselves for the sake of the community which never accepted us fully because half of our blood comes from a human mom. So, don't let that date of yours sugar talk you into this", Krist warned. Has he not had Kongpob to take care of, he would had happily taken his mushy and emotional fool of a brother's place and has that-