The Aftermath (Shin x Reader)

Shin and you have worked with each other for a long time now. We were really close friends! We didn't really meet the best of ways, though....
We met in a death game. We had to sacrifice so many innocent people. One is his little sister. Only a few people got out of the death game.
Me, Shin, Sara, Keiji, and Gin.
We all had lost someone so special to us in the game.
Shin - his little sister Kanna.
Sara - Her best friend Joe. (I love Joe so much-)
Keiji - Q-taro meant a lot to him. He would talk to him a lot.
Gin - Also Q-taro + Hayasaka, Q-taro was like a father figure to him after a little bit. And Hayasaka took such good care of him.
Y/n - Kai, Kai, and I always seemed like we wouldn't get along. But we were actually really close friends. I knew about his situation about the whole stalking thing. It didn't matter to me. He was just doing his job.
All of us had trauma from the death game. Seeing the people we talked to and became friends with die right in front of us. It was horrible. But I still have Shin with me, and he helps me if I get anxiety attacks or anything. Or if I remember something and just need a break from everything.
Sara had gone to Ryoko and told her about everything. Her and Ryoko coped together. Then Sara focused on school. She stressed herself out so much. But that is just her way... She ended up going to college with Ryoko.
Keiji has been down low recently. He just wanted a peaceful rest of his life. He goes and meets Sara for lunch. He found a really nice young lady that he fell in love with. They were cute together.
Gin got to see his mother again. He cried so much when he saw her. I got to walk him to his house and meet his mother. His mother and I got along, and we became friends. I get to go over to see Gin and talk to him. Gin got to go to school and live a normal middle school life. I told him he should wear his normal outfit to school, and if they make fun of him, all of the survivors will beat their asses. Don't mess with my baby.
Shin was really depressed when we got out. After we killed Midori in the game, he had broken down in tears. He was friends with Midori even if Midori was awful to him. I comforted him. Shin kinda broke and tried killing Sara. He hated her for voting for Kanna and not for him. He will never forgive her for that. And seeing Midori die just made him break. I got him to stop when I got in the way when he tried killing Sara. I ended up getting stabbed and ended up getting really badly hurt. Shin felt stupid for that, and I don't think he still doesn't forgive himself for that. After the game, we stuck together and decided on a job together. It was a food place, we are probably going to quit soon. We hate it here-
I was so messed up when I got out of the game. I tried killing myself multiple times. I wanted to be gone so badly. I tried killing myself in the game, too. Right after Kai died, I wanted to die. Shin helped me through the hard times and told me it was okay. We bought an apartment together and stuck together forever and ever. Every time I see something similar to the death game, I break down. I was asked on multiple TV interviews. And I accepted some, but I couldn't have done it without Shin. Me and Gin meet up multiple times a week and just have playdates. I've seen that little dude grow so much.
The "survivor group" actually didn't meet up a lot. Keiji also made me uncomfortable, and we just didn't talk. Sara only cared about her school and didn't want to get distracted. Gin was sad about that, though... Gin wanted to see Sara so badly. But Sara would reject anytime we asked her. Shin refuses to talk to either Sara or Keiji. He hates them both. If he could kill them, he would.
People in the outside world found us weird at first. They were surprised we were still alive. We got so many interviews. I have many job offers too.... But I wanted to stick with Shin, and Shin didn't like any of those jobs. If I had to say it....
I like, no I *love* Shin so much!
He means so much to me. If it wasn't for him, I would be dead right now. I love him, but I can't tell him I have feelings for him. That would make our friendship weird...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One day at work, I got a message.
Random number: Hey, is this Y/n?
Y/n: Yes, it is Y/n? Why are you asking, though? And who even are you?
Random number: Ah- I should have said at the beginning... It's me, Sara.
Y/n: Oh! Hello! It's been so long since we last spoke. Why are you reaching out to me now?
Sara: Ummm, I just wanted to ask if you want to plan a hang out with everyone?
Y/n: With everyone?
Sara: Yes, everyone.
Y/n: Shin would actually kill you if he sees you...
Sara has added a random number
Y/n: Who that now-
Rando: Keiji.
Y/n: Oh.
Sara has added animal lord
Animal Lord: Meow! Gin here!
Y/n: I'm giving all of you nicknames.
Y/n changed Sara to can't decide one hair style.
Y/n has changed Keiji to Sleep doesn't exist.
Y/n: there.
Sara changed Y/n to weirdo
Weirdo: I'm amazing.
Weirdo has added Shiny my boo boo pookie bear.
Can't decide one hair stlye: Ajdjskdmzkdndkd "Shiny my boo boo pookie bear"- literallt dying(#?-,#(-(•Kskxksmddjskd a krek
Shiny my boo boo pookie bear changed name to Sara's murderer
Sara's murderer changed can't decide one hair stlye name to dead.
Dead: WHAG THE HELLS DJUDE!?!?
Sara's murderer: Learn how to spell.
Sleep doesn't exist: I think she spells beautifully.
Animal lord: same same, woof!
Sara's murderer: Fine, your spelling doesn't suck.
Dead: yay-
Weirdo: What did I miss??? I left to go do something.
Sara's murderer: Just read what happened.
Weirdo: No.
Sara's murderer: Why?
Weirdo: because.
Sara's murderer: Okay, that's a valid reason from you.
Dead: SIMP!!!!!
Sleep doesn't exist: it's so obvious.
Sara's murderer: What's so obvious?
Weirdo: I'm confused.
Sleep doesn't exist: ... you guys are idiots-
Animal Lord: Woff, I'm also confused...?
Dead: How do the three of you not see it- Especially Y/n and Shin.... Gin, you get a pass.
Weirdo: What are you getting at? How is Shin a simp and a simp to who?
Sleep doesn't exist: This is seriously making me want to kms.
Dead: Shin and you are meant to for each other fr fr.
Animal lord: Oooooh! I thought they were dating already.... meow.
Sleep doesn't exist: Same tbh. They seem like they are a couple so much.
Sara's murderer: Um.
Weirdo: Wowzas there- Me and Shin are not dating. We are just really close friends.
Dead: He has literally done so much for you.... I would be surprised if you two haven't even kissed by now.
Weirdo: Oh.
Sara's murderer: Sara, I'm this close to actually fulfilling my wish to murder you.
Dead: Oh.
Animal lord: Please don't call big sis Sara! Woof woof!!!
Dead: Um, anyways. I was wondering if we all wanted to get together over the weekend and just catch up?
Sleep doesn't exist: I talked to you about it already, and I'm in.
Animal lord: I agree!!!!! Meow meow!!
Weirdo: I'm definitely in!
Sara's murderer: I'm not.
Weirdo: Yes, you are.
Sara's murderer: You going to make me or something?
Weirdo: Yes.
Dead: Love birds.
Weirdo: SHUT UP
Dead: Woah, calm down... just accept it, though. Kiss and get it over with-
Weirdo: I'm leaving. But everyone will be there!!!
With the conversation, I was blushing from all the acussions of dating Shin. I definitely do have a crush on him, but he would never date me.
"SHIN!!!!!" I called out for Shin, looking for him all over the house.
"What."
"You are going to meet them with me."
"Why."
"Because I want you there."
"Fine, I guess... but if I hear anything I don't like from Sara, I'm killing her."
"Fine with me."
Hmmm
"Shin?"
"Yes?"
"The thing we were talking about in the group chat...?"
"What thing?"
"The dating thing."
"Oh, that. What about it?"
"Would you ever date me?"
"If you wanted me to, then yes."
"Do toh want to date me?"
"Yes."
"Ah-"
I was blushing so hardly right now.
"Do you think I would say no? You helped me through a whole lot. Why would I ever reject someone like you?"
"Because I'm not good for you. I don't deserve you."
"I don't deserve you."
I was blushing so hardly right now.
"I love you, Shin."
"I honestly love you more."
Shin put his finger on my chin and lifted my face up to/down to his face. (I put in both for short/tall people. I'm amazing, I know.)
"May I kiss you?"
"Yes."
Mwah, mwah!!!! You two kissed!!!!!!
I fell even harder in love when he kissed me. We then pulled away, and I was blushing so hard.
"Well, Miss. Y/n... never thought this would be the outcome."
"Well, Beanie guy! I never thought I would be kissing a liar like you..."
"Shut up and kiss me again."
We kissed again and then just talked about everything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*The weekend of meeting up*
Shin and I had picked up Gin and had started out way to meet Sara and Keiji. We told Gin about dating now, and he just knew already. He was really happy, though!
We got to the park and waited to see the two. While waiting, the three of us just talked.
We then heard a familiar police man.
"Hey, you guys."
"Police man!!!!" Gin ran up to him and hugged him.
"Hi Keiji!" I looked at him and smiled.
He looked at me and smiled.
Keiji then sat down with us and played rock paper shoots with Gin.
I laid my head on Shins lap and looked up at him.
"Hmm, Sara's late." Keiji announced and we all noticed that she was late.
"Big sis will be here soon! I can sense it, meow!"
A few minutes went by and then the last group member came by.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry for being late..."
"It's fine, Sara!" I told her and smiled at her too.
"Big sis!!!!"
Gin was so happy to see everyone together again, just this time not in a death game.
We talked through everything. Then the subject of me and Shin came up.
"So you two seem lovey-dovey!" Sara said.
"Big sis Y/n and Shin are dating now!"
"Really!?!?" Sara was so happy with this information.
"Uh yes..." I looked at Shin and smiled.
"We were going to tell you soon..."
"I knew it." Keiji said under his breath.
"I heard that Mr. No sleep!"
"Haha!"
It was so fun hanging out with them again. Shin actually didn't murder Sara.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*time skip*
Shin and I have been together for quite long. Gin was now in high school. All of us are literally crying on how quickly he is growing up...
Sara graduated from college, same with Ryoko. We all went to her graduation and was so happy for her. She started crying remembering how Joe would be with her right now if it wasn't for the cursed game. Which I forgot to mention. When Sara graduated highschool, there was a memorial for Joe. It was really sweet and a lot of people broke down crying. Everyone missed the silly Joe. He was so kind hearted. I comforted Sara and Ryoko through all of it. I'll always be there for them.
Keiji got married with the lovely lady he met. We also all went to their marriage. Me and his wife are really close friends. I think Keiji is scared I'll steal his wife and marry her myself. She is really pretty though! Maybe he should watch out...
Then finally, Shin and I are getting married soon! Less than a month. It has been really stressful but we have had each other through all of it. I just hope the marriage goes well. Oh how much I love Shin so much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*The marriage*
Oh my fucking gosh!
I'm getting married!
Right now Sara and I are getting ready. Sara is the one helping me the most.
Sara is my umm what is that called?
Bridesmaid?
Yeah I think it's bridesmaid.
Gin is the flower boy and the ring holder.
Keiji is the one who is going to walk me down the aisle!!!
"Sara!!!!!"
"What!!!!!!"
"I'm literally sobbing- I'm getting married!"
"Yes you are getting married!!!!!!"
"Ahhhhhhh!!!!! Less than 10 minutes..."
"Oh my gosh!!!! Yes Less than 10 minutes. I can't wait to see you and Shin up there!!! Holing hands, kissing... you guys are going to look so cute!!!!!"
Skxnaidnsjdbskdnskdnskdnsk
It was now time.
I hooked my arm around Keijis.
"Are you sure you want to get married to that beanie dude?"
"Yes."
"If you rethink just let me know. I can break you out."
"Ha ha... thank you Keiji."
We walked down the aisle with Gin in front of us throwing rose petals all over the place. I saw Shin. In his handsome suit. Oh my gosh I feel my knees going weak- if Keiji wasn't there then I would have died.
Shins eyes got so big when he saw me. I hope thats a good sign-
I stopped right in front of Shin. He leaned in and said.
"You look so pretty....."
"You look so handsome."
We then said our vows and gave each other our rings.
"You may now kiss the bride."
Shin then leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back and we stood there for a little bit. Then we broke away and everyone started cheering!
I'm so happy I'm the wife of someone so amazing.
Oh how I am so glad to be with Shin.
I love Shin so much.
And I'll love Jim forever.
------------------------------------------------------------------
2530 words.
Oh my goodness!!!!!
I'm so sorry for being terrible at updating this.... I fell out of my yttd phase. But just recently kinda got back into it. I'm planning on cosplaying Kanna again. (If you want my tiktok just ask and I'll give it to you.)
Right now I'm big on Demon Slayer and Bungo Stray Dogs. Like I'm the biggest fan for Sigma. Also I love Rengoku and Douma so fucking much!!!!!!
But anyways, kinda thinking about making either a demon slayer or a bsd one shot book. But I don't know.
Also don't know how I would do if I made one huge book. Well not huge, just made a story and not one shots. I've never tried it....
Buuuut! I'm going to be trying to update this more often. And once again.... if you have any requests for me to write. Then just ask me!!!! I'll pretty much do anything.
Also sorry for any bad grammar or spelling errors. I made this in two nights bother of those nights being at 3/4 am. I was working on a different Shin one shot but I forgot the game play-
I NEED Nankidai to update yttd soon though. The fandom had been dying once again. Like how I said, I died from yttd too. Even though I'm going to definitely cry because the last chapter!?!?!? Ahhhhhh!!!!!
Ummm yeah, that's kinda all I have to say! So byeeeee!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I changed some stuff about myself, so please respect my new things.
I go by the names Cat and Cassie. Either one is fine with me.
My pronouns are now They/Them. Please respect them if you do use any pronouns on me.
Thank you so much for reading! Please come back for whenever I write the next chapter.
I love all of you guys so much!!!!!