Chapter 05

Anila woke up the next morning only to find that her grandmother wasn't anywhere to be seen, she tried looking for her everywhere but no call was answered. By the afternoon, she decided to go to the cave by herself for she didn't know what else to do, and did not feel safe in the house without her grandma. Once she reached the entrance she found Gaia practicing her powers with some folks she didn't recognize, they looked like they were trying to control a human-made earthquake, Gaia stopped and called to Anila from her position: "Aeolus is waiting for you inside" said without even being asked "he said you'll be coming soon and told me to host you, but as you can see my hands are a bit busy", she moved her hands upwards which made the earth move aggressively, "anyways, take the stairs and you'll find him in the patio down there". Anila did as she was asked, once she got down, she felt a chill go through her body, a lot of young, old and even kids were training together, all with different abilities.

There was Aeolus with a little boy, they were both sitting quietly with their eyes closed as if trying to listen to something or some sound that wasn't heard by the others when the little kid opened his eyes and said: "she's here!" pointing to Anila, Aeolus smiled and whispered something to the kid which made him run away happily to his friends.

"I'm sorry for what happened to your grandmother, I only heard of it this morning when I was outside and I asked Gaia to wait for you when I heard you coming", he addressed her.

"She told me everything yesterday, not that I understand how did you hear me coming but I didn't know anywhere else to go, please if you know where is she I need to find her, she's the only family I have left, in fact, she is all that I have left", said she.

"I mean that I heard you coming, since she told you everything, you know about my powers, windkeepers can listen to the words that the wind carries, and you could do the same if only you pay enough attention, the wind like those who are good listeners and trust only them to spill its secrets".

"What about grandma?" she asked.

Aeolus hesitated for a second that said in a sad tone: "Isa is unfortunately taken hostage by my brother; I cannot assure you if she's still alive for I have no control over the wind of the other side, and it does not talk nor trust me. We however were planning to launch an attack on Ignis and his followers since very long, but I think the time is sooner than we expected it to be, he has been setting fire on the nearby towns and many kids have gone missing in the last period, others with white hair were found dead by the river, we believe he is looking for moon-borns for they are known with their healing abilities and there is a chance that his army now is weaker than ever, he has never kidnapped those whom he isn't sure that they have powers, he is desperate."

"Is this why he took her?" asked Anila worriedly.

"Most likely yes, but I do not believe she'll offer him any help. Now, are you or are you not with us?"

She nodded without any word.

**********

New chapter, what are your all opinions?

This story was ranked as 95 among stories in the woods but it's now down to 400ish.. kinda upsetting :,((

Anyhways, Enjoy!

Love, 

Nyx <3