Chapter 06

As the weeks passed, she trained and studied with the others, refining her skills and getting more knowledge about herself and the world she belongs to. She formed friendships and as she started to feel confident in her abilities, she knew that the mission she signed herself into is not easy, but she felt that it is her destiny to be in it, even if not for saving her grandmother, she wanted to be there, and she belonged there. At night, she never slept without thinking of grandma Isadora, sometimes she cried, sometimes she couldn't sleep, others she tried to listen to the wind that came from the other side but she could only hear silence, at last, she learned to cope and taught herself to be patient and that everything will be right at the right time.

On the night of the big day, Anila turned seventeen, her friends made her a birthday party and everybody brought gifts, her favorites were a very rare grey pearl that Aqua gave her, a beautiful flower given to her by Flora who was by then her best friend, and a book that Jason gifted her. When the party was done and everybody went to sleep, Anila, Aqua, Flora, Gaia and Jason sat outside gazing at the stars.

"Do you think we will make it?" asked Jason

"Maybe, maybe not, but at least if we die, we won't die without trying", Gaia answered him.

"I promised my father to find what my soul longs to do, and now I can die assured that I fulfilled my oath", added Aqua with a smile.

"We have a big day tomorrow and we need to sleep, so get up y'all and let's head to our rooms, and once again, thank you. for everything, I haven't been this happy since I went to the bookstore with my grandma last year", said Anila with a warm smile.

Together, they headed to the cave, and each went to his room seeking for some sleep that might grant them energy for what was coming the next day.

**********

Where is everyone at ? :''(