The one that got away

Jungkook, A name which Jimin wanted to forget but how? Afterall he was attached to this name. He loved that sweet innocent boy when he didn't even knew what love meant.

Flashback ~

Jimin had lost his everyone and everything in a tragedy. His entire house burned down. The flames took over the small house engulfing his entire family. He was rescued with slight burn marks on his legs and hands and a few over his torso and one on his left cheek.

In the orphanage nothing was easy. All the kids teased him and tested his patience over the burn marks of Jimin. He was lonely untill one day when he was crying sitting under a tree and a hand appeared in front of him. He looked up only to see a doe eyed boy looking at him with a pout. Jimin again looked down.

The doe eyed boy bent down to his level with a slight smile.
"Hey, I am Jungkook. Nice to meet you. Would you be my friend?"

Did he say friend? Jimin was no one's friend. No one liked him enough to even consider him a friend. They called him a freak because of those nasty marks. Everyone hated him then why is the cute boy asking to be his friend?

Jimin started sobbing more because he thought Jungkook is joking with him. Jungkook got scared and started to comfort the tiny boy. "Hey please don't cry. Do you want chocolates?" He offered a chocolate to Jimin and he took it while trying not to cry. Jungkook giggled, "you look so cute. Why are you crying?"

He finds jimin cute? It's he blind or something? Can't he se those marks on him? Was all jimin thought.

"Are you making fun of me?" Jimin finally asked.

Jungkook gasped, "What? No why would I make fun of you? I want to be your friend." He said with a smile and offered Jimin a handkerchief.

Jimin took it and wiped his cheeks and nose. He finally had stopped sobbing. "I am Jimin." Was all he said while returning the handkerchief.

Jungkook smiled at the adorableness of the little one.

"What is your age?" Jungkook asked while sitting beside him.

"I am seven." Jimin said.
"I am eight." He replied back.

Then there was a few minutes of awakward silence and Jungkook tried to break it. "Umm...why were you crying?" Jimin looked at him confused as everyone in the orphanage bullied him and called him a 'burned freak'.

"Are you new here?"

"Yes..."

"That's why you don't know. Here everyone teases me because of my scars and burn marks. They say I am dangerous and will give them the same marks. But its ok, I understand now if you don't want to be friends with me."

Jungkook smiled, "I don't care what others call you or think about you Jiminie. Why would I choose to listen to those people who know absolutely nothing about you? I want to know you from your perspective. I want to learn about you and be your friend."

Jimin smiled and was really happy as he finally had a friend. Someone in this world who will have his back and care about him forever.

They spent rest of the days in the orphanage by sticking together. Jungkook had trouble sleeping at night due to his nightmares so, Jimin hugged him and patted him till he slept in his arms. And Jungkook protected Jimin from his bullies. They were bestest of friends and no one could ever make them stay apart. They would rather die than be without each other.

They both were now teenagers. Jungkook was 17 and Jimin was 16. Everything was same the sleeping habit and the protecting nature all was in place except one thing, Jungkook's feelings. Jungkook didn't knew since when but he had feelings for his tiny friend. At first he had trouble and difficulty accepting the truth as they both were boys and society frowned upon this kind of love.