Fall into your arms

Jimin has always been alone since he lost his mother at the age of 5 due to cancer. He was left alone with his father who was always busy working. He was the CEO of Park Arts and Life, a company also founded by him. But he died 5 years ago when Jimin was only 20 leaving the entire empire on his shoulders. 

Jimin was just a young boy with hopes and dreams to do something he wanted but it all shattered when he had to step up as the CEO taking his father's place. All his dreams of becoming a dancer went down the drain that rainy day. 

He lost the only person he had in his family and instead of letting him grieve for his loss, they made him sit on the office chair handling him paperwork and attending meetings when it hadn't even been 24 hours after he buried his father. His hopes, dreams, and life all were snatched away the day he stepped into this office as a CEO. 

Jimin didn't even have time to make friends or go on dates like any normal 20-year-old could. He never had a girlfriend, boyfriend or any of those sparks-giving flames that lit up life when he entered adulthood. All he had with him was piles of files to sign and meetings to attend.

Jimin wasn't close to anyone as he preferred being alone or more like he had adapted to being alone with time. He only had his best friend Taehyung with him all along. Well, he has been with him through thick and thin since they became friends in middle school.

Except for Taehyung, no one was close to Jimin in this world and he was fine with it. He liked this peace but sometimes he couldn't help but think what would've happened if he had chosen to pursue his dreams, if had made more friends, he had flings and dated like any normal person would and if his dad had not taken that shortcut route just to reach home early for him.

Everything would be different today then but it's all only what ifs. Real life does not work like that. We have to face battles and fight every day and this baggage is his to carry, he will do it just like he has been doing it for the last 5 years. 

Currently, Jimin is sitting in a meeting with some investors but his attention is somewhere else. He is going down memory lane thinking about all the what-ifs that could've been.

The meeting gets over after a few minutes and gets out of the room to enter his own office and rolls his eyes. Daily, again and again coming here and doing that same old work is boring to him now. 

"Mr. Park, should I bring your coffee right now?" A sweet voice came from behind him and he knew it was his new assistant who joined only a week ago. Jimin turned around and saw those doe eyes looking into his and he had a sweet smile on his face. 

"Yes bring it," Jimin says before going to sit on the couch instead of the chair. 

Jungkook comes with a coffee and places it in front of Jimin and then goes to bring some files. 

"It must be tiring to work this much. You should rest a little, Mr. Park." Jungkook says but it annoyed Jimin as he is not used to people commenting on his ways of work. None of his past assistants dared to open their mouths in front of him and here this new assistant has been constantly trying to talk with Jimin despite Jimin giving him cold shoulder multiple times already. 

"No I am not tired and I don't need rest." He said in a stern voice and thought Jungkook might've understood that he was not interested in his little talks. But was he wrong, of course?

"But Mr Park it's bad for your health. You should take care of yourself. See it's already night and you haven't even had dinner yet." Jungkook says and Jimin looks at him to see a pout which he does not find cute at all, nuh-uh.

"Mr. Jeon, I don't think my health is any of your business. You are excused." Jimin says getting his focus back on his laptop and the files kept in front of him.