Results -Josh Jenkinson-

Josh x Elizabeth (OC)

Elizabeth was walking in circles in her flat, her stomach churning, her throat constricted. Panic was overwhelming her. She heard her telephone ringing repeatedly, but she didn't have the strength to answer. Minutes went by and she had taken refuge in a corner of the room, sobbing, her vision blurred, her breathing jerky. As she did so, hurried footsteps began to be heard. The footsteps were those of Josh, her boyfriend. He had come because he was worried about not getting an answer to his calls, knowing that it wasn't like her. When he entered the living room, his heart leapt at the sight of the woman who held his heart in such a state. The guitarist came over to Elizabeth and knelt down beside her.

"Darling, it's me Josh", he said in the softest voice he could muster, but it had no effect, the young woman was still trembling, so he decided to use a technique that worked with his beloved, having had several opportunities to try it out.

"Look around you and identify five things that are in your environment" Lizzy did as her boyfriend said.

"Good, now you can identify four sounds that you can hear", as he gave her the instructions in his gentle voice and gently took her hand to caress it gently and lovingly. His girlfriend's breathing began to calm slightly.

"That's very good, Lizzy, think of three things you can touch" she reviewed the room once more before naming various objects. The guitarist nodded again, keeping that reassuring smile to try and reassure her in some way.

"Then identify two distinct smells", the young woman once again gave two elements of an answer as she thought about and analysed the room, allowing her thoughts and anxieties to wander. The result was to calm her down.

"Finally give a taste that you have in your mouth" she did and thanks to the indications given by the guitarist the worst of her anxiety attack was over. She fell straight into Josh's arms.

"I should have thought; I should have done what I said and told the guys I was taking the day off to stay with you. When I saw that you didn't reply I realised my mistake straight away." Josh said this as he gently caressed her back, not wanting to rush her, knowing that she was just recovering from her crisis.

"Thank you for coming...I'm sorry I didn't answer and worried you unnecessarily," she nestled her head in his neck, smelling his scent, which soothed her so much.

"Stop apologising Lizzy, it's not your fault, and you never bother me, it's normal to be there for you, especially at times like this. The ebony-haired girl nodded weakly.

"I'm sure I won't get my year, it's impossible... I haven't done very well this term, and even if I have, I don't deserve it... I get so angry... I'm lucky enough to be studying what I love, and yet I do nothing but shit, I don't work well or seriously, and then I end up in this state because of my own fault... "

"Elizabeth, you need to learn to forgive yourself, you said you weren't doing too well this year, that you were having trouble getting into it and that your morale wasn't up to it either, so it's normal for your brain and body to give in, you don't need to beat yourself up about it I assure you. Especially as you've worked and suffered so much over the last few years that it's normal to let go... " The dark-haired man kissed her temple before raising her gently to settle her on the sofa, and they cuddled all morning, talking about everything and nothing to take the mind off the young girl who was still under stress at the idea of missing her year.

In the afternoon, the results came in, and unfortunately, she was a few points short of passing the semester, so she had to go and make it up in the next two weeks. When she saw the results, the tears flowed more freely, but thanks to Josh's presence and determination, they dried up more quickly than expected.
The next day, Josh had prepared a full revision programme for the subjects she had to catch up on. The guitarist had also promised to be her personal coach. So, for the next two weeks, as the couple prepared to catch up, Josh improvised himself as a teacher, giving her exercises and reciting the important points she needed to know.
It was a busy week, leaving Lizzy no time to stress. Catch-up exams arrived as quickly as they had finished. However, despite all the training she'd had, she still felt like she'd missed everything. But the results proved otherwise, and she passed her catch-up exams with flying colours, getting exceptional marks, and ending the year with a very decent average. When they saw this, they were ecstatic, and it was time for hugs and relaxation.
Elizabeth thanked her boyfriend unceasingly, knowing full well that she had her year thanks to his involvement and help with revision.

"I can't thank you enough Josh...you saved my year, but you also saved me, I didn't know what I would know if I had let it all go. This year has been difficult for me, but it has shown me how much you were present in my life and how indispensable you were in my life. I can't see myself without you now, and I'm so grateful that I approached you in the evening because without that, I'd never have met my lifeline. I love you more than anything, Josh... I really do, "the guitarist kissed her tenderly.

"You deserve your year, you deserve it more than anyone, so I'm very proud of you, darling. It hasn't been easy and yet you haven't let it get you down, you've managed to fight your demons."

To celebrate his girlfriend's new year, Josh invited their group of friends to an impromptu party at their flat, thus signalling the start of Elizabeth's holidays.

Words: 999

This is the shortest imagine I've been able to write, but as I said before, it's in preparation for the next one, which will take a lot longer. I hope you enjoyed it! The next one will be on Eli (normally)

P.S: I always take requests

Love,

Clara