Lunchtime

"What's wrong?" Zoor asked. "Y-you're not gonna beat me up?" Tarreb said, sounding scared. "No you silly lil bean." Zoor said, surprised. Zoor sees Tarreb is still anxious and tense of his surroundings. "Do you want to talk about what's bothering you?" Zoor asked,""No thank you." Tarreb said. "Just know, if you need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you." Zoor said, comforting. Zoor could see that Tarreb was still anxious and tense about his surroundings. She decided to take things slowly and not push him too much. She offered to sit with him during lunch and nodded gently.

They both sat down at the table. Zoor noticed that Tarreb was still anxious and tense about his surroundings, so she decided to make him feel more comfortable by talking about his interests. "Hey Tarreb, I remember you mentioned that you love sharks. Can you tell me more about that?" Zoor asked, trying to engage him in conversation. Tarreb's face lit up as he began to talk about his favorite sharks and their habitats.

Zoor noticed that Tarreb didn't have a meal. "Where's your lunch?" Zoor asked. Tarreb looked down at his empty hands and shrugged. "I forgot to grab something this morning," he said quickly, even though the real reason is that their family didn't have the money to buy groceries that week. Zoor knew something was off and offered to share her lunch with him but he declined. She could sense that something was not quite right and she wanted to help in any way she could. She decided to approach the situation delicately and not to pry too much.

"Tarreb, are you sure you don't want some of my lunch? I have plenty to share," Zoor said gently. "No I'm not that hung-" Tarreb got cut off by a loud grumble coming from his stomach. Zoor gave him the side-eye and said "Here's half of my sandwich." "Thank you." Tarreb said softly. He scarfed it down.