Record Player

"Goddd," Jack groaned, pacing the length of the living room to the kitchen and back, "Your house is so boringggg!"

Hank couldn't've dropped them back at home less than 10 minutes ago, and Jack was already off of his rocker with a humdrum. (Y/n), however, had opted to leave the cage door wide open to let Jack pace, watching him from her place sprawled out on the couch.

"Read a book or something," (Y/n) yawned, ready to take a nap and ignore Jack more than she was already used to, "I got you them for a reason."

"I've read them so many times I have them memorized," he sighed, entering the living room for the 20th time in a row, "Move, you're in my spot."

(Y/n) ignored him even more, wanting to piss him off, and laid with her good arm slung over her eyes. She only grinned when he reached down and gave her an unempathetic shove, grunting with exasperation.

"Don't make me do it."

(Y/n) didn't even get to ask him what "it" was before her legs were crushed under 200 pounds of Jack as he sat on them, getting nice and cozy at her expense. Giving her a taste of her own medicine, he also ignored her as she fruitlessly tried to pull her legs out from under him, giving him a few choice words in the process.

"I'll move when you give me something to do," he protested over (Y/n's wails.

"Find something yourself! Ouch, Jack!"

"You decided to keep me here so you get to deal with it!" He almost sounded like he was laughing.

(Y/n) huffed and glared at him, crossing her arms across her chest as he stared proudly down at her. She had come to the acceptance that he wasn't moving anytime soon unless she came up with anything to entertain him. Which, when you lived in a tiny, snowed-in farmstead, was easier said than done.

"Hit me with some loose ideas, Jack, I'm serious," she sighed, "My head's killing me."

"You'd say no to me going outside with this kind of weather if it's just for fun," Jack began, of to which (Y/n) nodded, "You got a basement or attic?"

"No basement, sadly," she sighed, "Or attic, unless you call a freezing crawl space an attic."

"I would," Jack shrugged, "Why, you got one?"

"Yeah, tiny, dusty and freezing. Doubt you'll want to drag your 7 foot self up there."

She was ready for Jack to shoot down another idea with her, but was pleasantly surprised when the weight was removed from her legs as he stood instead.

"I'll take what I can get," Jack started, reaching out for her hand to pull her up.

But (Y/n) shook her aching head in retaliation, ignoring the outstretched palm. After all of that walking and socializing in town, the last thing she wanted was to get up and move again.

"There's a panel you can push up in the ceiling of my closet to get up there," she sighed, "I think you can manage on your own."

But Jack only leaned forward and grasped at the elbow of her good arm, giving it a good yank so that her arms unfolded. He held on tight as (Y/n) tried to pull it back, cringing with exasperation when she went as limp as a rag doll as Jack tried to pull her up.

"Jack I'm exhausted," she groaned over Jack's attempts to yank her to her feet.

"And I'm bored and I like your company so I want you to come with me," Jack grunted, pulling her limp body halfway off the couch.

(Y/n) sighed, tilting her head up to look at his masked face. He tilted his head to the side when she looked into his empty sockets and gave her a mocking sigh back.