Chapter 18 : It's my turn for movie night

The silence was deafening. Waiting for any signs from Bob that things were at least going okay. The anxiety is just absolutely consuming me. I sat on the table Will was laid on and put his head on my lap. I brushed my fingers through his hair, hoping it would give him at least a little bit of comfort in his sleeping state. 

There was static from the walkie on the table. 

"Doc, can you hear me?" Bob's voice rang throughout the room. 

"Loud and clear Bob." Dr. Owens replied gladly. 

"Where are the breakers, again?"

"Three floors down. Make sure to be quick and quiet. Everything's going to be alright."

"Alright. I'll talk to you guys when I need you again." Bob stuttered out. 

I kept running my fingers through Will's hair. It was helping my rising anxiety since I don't really have a house to clean. We were still sitting in the darkness of the room so I closed my eyes and tried to stop my running thoughts. 

It was so quiet I started feeling drowsy. I leaned my head back on the wall behind me and sighed. I was taking deep breaths when there was a loud noise in the distance. I sat up and looked around the room. 

"Did you guys hear that?" I whispered out into the room. 

Everyone looked over at me and looked confused. 

"I don't hear anything." Mom responded slowly. 

I sighed again and leaned back against the wall. I didn't close my eyes this time, but I heard it again. It sounded closer. 

"Okay, I definitely heard something." I said sitting up again. 

"Sofie, there's nothing." Mike replied tiredly. 

I heard the bang again but closer and closer and closer. I watched as there was light shining from the bottom of the door and then there was light in our room. 

"Let there be light." I whispered. 

Dr. Owens looked back at us and smiled. I don't understand why he was so happy. We were still stuck here with murderous dogs running around. 

"Okay, the gate and the doors are unlocked. Get them out of there." Bob spoke through the walkie. 

"Alright, let's get you guys out of here." Hopper said while walking over to where I was sitting with Will. 

He picked up Will and started heading towards the door.

"Wait! The West stairwell isn't clear anymore." Dr. Owens said to us and to Bob through the walkie. 

"Alright, give me a second." Bob responded through the walkie.

"What is he doing?" Hopper asked as he stepped forward and watched Bob through the now working security cameras. There was a dog in the West stairwell. It was headed in Bob's direction. 

Bob had walked back over to the desk he had been sitting at when the power came back and started typing on the computer again. He looked focused but scared. He stopped moving after a few seconds and then we watched as the fire sprinkler on one of the floors went off. The monster turned around at the sound of the water hitting the ground. 

"Okay...okay that worked! Now get out of there!" 

We watched Bob leave the frame as he started making his way to the entrance. 

"Alright, let's go. We gotta get out of here." Hopper said as he opened the door. 

I started walking towards the open door, but stopped when I saw that Dr. Owens wasn't following us.