its kind of stupid.

paige's pov
i got dragged to some random frat party with some of my teammates. i don't really like parties so i decided i'd probably just chill in the living room. i grab a drink from the kitchen and on my way to the couch some dude bumps into me which makes me bump into this girl and spill my drink on her. it pissed me off but i decided to just let it go. it'll be okay except for the fact that i ruined her white t-shirt.
"shit, i'm so sorry," i say
she replies, "nah, it's okay. i didn't really like this shirt anyways."
i laugh. i guess she's funny and cute.
"here," i take her hand and drag her into the bathroom and shut the door behind us.
i take off my sweatshirt and give it to her and say, "yeah, i don't think that's coming out so you can wear this."
"you sure?" she asks.
i laugh, "yeah, i'm sure. you can have it. i've literally got like fifty uconn sweatshirts in my closet. i think i'll be okay without this one."
she smiles, "thanks. i'm emily by the way."
i reach my hand out to shake her hand, "paige. nice to meet you."
i'm kind of surprised she doesn't know who i am but maybe she's just not into basketball. it's kind of nice having someone not know everything about you.

she changed into the sweatshirt and we go back into the living room and sit on the couch next to each other.
it's kind of awkward so i ask her, "so, what year are you?"
"i'm a freshmen. what about you?" she asks.
"i'm a junior," i reply, "did you come here alone?"
"no, i came here with my roommate but she kinda ditched me as soon as she saw her boyfriend. i really only came here so i wouldn't stress about doing homework."
"do you wanna get out of here? maybe grab something to eat?"
"sure."

we get up to leave the party and i ask her, "where do you wanna go?"
she says, "i'm good with whatever and you're the one who said we should go eat so you can pick."
"alright, is chipotle good with you?"
"yeah that sounds good."
we start walking towards chipotle. i really wanna get to know her. she's really cute and seems like a cool person.
"so where are you from?" i ask her.
"well, i was born in new jersey but we moved to connecticut when i was a baby so i've really lived here my whole life. what about you paige? where are you from?"
"i'm from minnesota. lived there my whole life. i love it there it's my home," i reply, then i ask, "wait so if you lived in connecticut why'd you come here and not somewhere else? did you wanna stay close to home?"
she shakes her head no and says, "no, i really didn't want to stay close to home. i wanted to experience something new but.." she pauses, "it's kind of stupid."
"its probably not. tell me." i say.
"my boyfriend at the time came here first so i chose him over going to where i actually wanted to go."
fuck is she straight.
"oh. where did you actually want to go?"
"oregon," she says, "it's just so pretty there. plus it's a pretty good college. but it's too much money to transfer there so, uconn it is. not that it's a bad school it's just the same thing i've seen my whole life. i mean i literally grew up like twenty minutes from here."
"i love uconn. it's like my second family here with my teammates and everyone."
"yeah, i'm sure i'll grow to love it once i actually make some friends."
"well your halfway there because we're definitely friends now," i say.
"perfect," she says and smiles. god she's so cute

we get to chipotle and i make sure to get to the door first to hold it for her. we get our food and sit down. i really want to know if she's straight or not so i decide to do some investigating.
"so, if you don't mind me asking, what happened with your boyfriend?" i ask her.
"it wasn't bad or anything," she says, "we both really just decided we weren't meant to be together. and to be honest i found out he wasn't really my type."
"not your type?" i ask.
"yeah it's just that he-, never mind." she says, "well now that you asked about mine what's your love life like?"
"not interesting at all," i say, "i'm really just focused on basketball right now. even though i can't play i still wanna be focused on the team and my recovery."
"ohhh, you play basketball that's where i recognize you from. i knew i've seen you somewhere before i just couldn't think of it."
we finish up our food and start walking back to the dorms. we didn't stop talking on the way back. we arrive at her's first and walk up to the door.
"well, i guess i'll see you later," i say.
i start to walk away but the she says,
"wait, what's your snap? i wanna add you."
i smile and put it into her phone.
"thanks. goodnight paige." she says to me and smiles.
"goodnight emily." i say and start heading to my apartment. i can't help myself from smiling on the way home.

a/n
a bit longer than the first chapter let me know what you think