never felt this way.

emily's pov
i can't stop smiling as i walk up the stairs to my room. surprisingly, jalynn is there on her bed.
"what's got you all smiley?" she asks me.
"i think i made my first actual friend. not that you're not my friend it's just that we're roommates and that's how we became friends. this one i did on my own. plus, she's really cute." i tell her. jalynn is one of the only people who knows i'm gay because she was there when me and jake broke up.
"what's her name?"
"paige, she's a junior and plays for the women's basketball team."
"wait- your friend is paige bueckers?!?"
"yeah, do you know her?"
"go look her up on instagram now"
i pull out my phone confused but look her up anyways. woah, she has a million followers. is she famous? wtf.
"wait, is she famous?" i ask.
"yeah, like mega famous. she'd for sure be the top player in women's basketball right now if she weren't injured."
"wow, i can't believe i didn't know who she-" *ding*
"oh my god," i say
"what?"
"she followed me on instagram!"
"oh shit, she must like you, emily."
"nah, there's no way she likes me like that."
"whatever you say bro"
i follow her back and plug phone in to go to sleep.

paige's pov
i head back to my apartment very happy from the night i just had. as i walk in i see that azzi's on the couch watching something on the tv.
"hey, where'd you go tonight? i saw you for like five minutes then you were gone." she says to me.
"i met a girl..." i tell her.
"oh my gosh! is she cute? what's her name? does she like you?"
"okay, relax azzi. her name is emily. she's a freshmen and i don't even know if she's gay. but, she is really cute."
"oh my gosh you have to follow her on instagram so she knows you're interested."
i look her up on instagram and follow her. i really hope she follows me back. i've really never felt this way about someone before. i go to my room, plug in my phone, and hope for the best.

time skip to morning

i wake up still thinking about last night. she just made me so happy and i don't even know why. i decide to text her to see what she's doing.

emily weaver :)

paige
good morning, what are you doing today?

emily
uh, nothing i think. why?

paige
wanna grab coffee with me and azzi?

emily
sure, can my roommate come too?

paige
yeah for sure. we'll come pick you up in ten?

emily
yeah that works see you soon :)

i decided to wear an outfit that low key makes me look fruity so maybe she'll get the hint. i finish getting ready and head to my car with azzi. we drive to emily's dorm to pick her and jalynn up.

emily weaver :)

paige
we're here :)

emily
okay be out in a sec :)

emily walks out in a uconn sweatshirt and a pair of cargos. god, she looks so cute. her and jalynn get in the car and i start driving to the coffee shop. of course i have sza playing on the aux, f2f, playing right now.
"you like sza?" emily asks me.
"of course who doesn't?" i reply.
"this is my favorite song of hers right now."
"mine too" i say.
we pull up to the coffee shop and go inside. emily orders first and is about to pay but i decide to pay for hers to maybe get her to know i'm interested.
"oh, i'll get hers and i'll have an iced latte."
"oh, no paige i can pay for my own."
"nah, it's cool. i got it."
"thanks," she says low key blushing.
we sit down with our drinks and start talking.
"so, how's you guys meet?" jalynn asks me about emily.
"we met at that party last night. i accidentally spilled my drink on her. so, i definitely had a good first impression."
"yeah, and then she saved the day by giving me her sweatshirt," emily says, "anyways, i have to go to the bathroom."
"me, too," i say, "i'll go with you."

third person pov
paige and emily head to the bathroom leaving azzi and jalynn alone.
"so, they're definitely gonna date, right." azzi says.
"oh yeah, no doubt about it." jalynn replies.