you can stay.

emily's pov
paige sends me a snap of her before practice that says pre-date practice. she's only wearing her sports bra in it so i can see the outline of her abs. she's so hot. i send a snap back that says practice hard for me. she sends me a chat that says anything for you ;). this girl. i cannot.

paige's pov
i'm finally done with practice which felt like forever cause i'm anxious about my date with emily. usually i would stay late and put up some extra shots but today i rush out cause i'm too excited for our date.
nika says,"what's got you all in a rush?"
i start blushing, "i've got a date..."
"omg!" she shouts, "with emily?!"
"yes," i say, "now lower your voice before you announce it to the whole freaking campus."
"sorry," she laughs, " i'm just excited for you guys."
"i'm really excited, too," i reply, "now, i gotta go get ready. see you later. i'll let you know how it goes." i head to my car but before i leave, i send emily a snap that says i'm so excited. she sends one back of her smiling that says me too :). she's so pretty. i start heading back to my apartment blasting some sza to hype me up. i head inside, shower, and start getting ready. i throw on some cargos and a uconn crewneck. i put on some light makeup and start heading to pick emily up. i text her to let her know i'm outside. she comes out wearing some ripped jeans and my uconn sweatshirt. she looks so pretty right now. she starts heading to my car but i get out to open her door for her before she can open it.
"thanks," she says smiling.
"no problem," i say back.
"so, where are we going?"
"you'll see. it's a surprise."
we pull up to a small pond that's low key in the middle of nowhere. i chose this spot so we're not really by any kind of crowd.
"this is so cute paige, how'd you know about it?" she asks.
"it's kind of been my spot since i got to connecticut. it's quiet, no one is ever here, that's why i like it so much."
"is it hard?"
"is what hard?"
"you know, getting recognized all the time. everyone knowing you and basically everything about you."
"i mean sometimes i guess. sometimes i just wish i could get a break from it. but, i wouldn't trade it for anything. i love everyone who supports me and it's kind of nice knowing i'll always have someone rooting for me."
i pull out a picnic basket and blanket from the trunk and we start heading near the pond. i set the stuff up and we sit down.
"i was thinking we could head to my apartment after this. watch a movie or something?"
"yeah, that'd be nice," she says.
"oh, uh, nice sweatshirt by the way," i say
"thanks," she says, "i got it from this really cute girl."
i laugh, "oh, do i know her?"
"hm, maybe, she's blonde, plays basketball, kinda famous."
"you know, this is technically our second date."
"what do you mean?" she asks.
"we've kinda already been on a date."
"when?"
"after the party, when we went out to eat."
"you're counting that?"
"yeah it was just you and me."
"that so does not count if anything that's like a half date."
"okay fair enough," i say, "now let me know about you."
"what do you wanna know? i'm an open book."
"when did you know you were gay?"
"i didn't really know till this summer. i mean i always had the do i want to be her or be with her kinda thing going on. but i didn't really know till me and my boyfriend started falling out."
"oh, is that why you guys broke up."
"yeah when i said he wasn't my type, i meant he wasn't a she."
"oh," there's a pause. she's staring into my eyes and glances down at my lips. it feels like she's about to lean in but i say, "do you wanna head to my apartment, it's getting kind of cold." i don't know why i did that. i should've kissed her.
"yeah sure," she says. she low key looks upset. i feel kind of bad. god, i'm so dumb i don't know why i didn't kiss her.
we start heading towards my car. we get in and head to my apartment. once we're inside, we go to my room to turn on a movie.
"what do you wanna watch?" i ask her.
"uh, something disney?"
"beauty and the beast?"
"yeah sure."
we're about halfway through the movie and she starts to lean into me. she's now laying on my chest and starts to fall asleep. she stays like this for the rest of the movie. she wakes up just before the movie ends.   she starts to get up and says, "i should probably get going."
as she's about to walk out, i say, "you can stay, if you want."
"okay."