Chapter 1

*if you haven't read the info, go read it as you might be confused not knowing the information*

A few years ago

Holding her father's pinky finger, the young girl walked through the large doors of the bank, jumping in the grey marble tiles, avoiding stepping on the lines. In her head, it seemed as if the lines were red lasers waiting to detect the presence and starting the ear-piercing buzzer. Curls bouncing, and the little stuffed giraffe in her hand swings along with her movement. The man lettings out a low chuckle looking at the behavior of his 13-year-old daughter. 

Serenity: Dad! you're stepping on them! 

Mavrick: oh no! not the laser!

He whisper yelled to her through a smile. His tender expression quickly faded as the alarm started to go off. Maverick put a hand on her daughter's chest slightly pushing her behind her acting as a shield.

serenity: Dad?

She spoke, her voice low, looking up at her father's eyebrows knitted together in concern.

maverick: Shh it's okay sweety we're gonna be fine.

He spoke to keep her daughter from panicking as he frantically looked around at people yelling and running out of the building. He grabbed hold of one of the bank workers' forearms.

Maverick: what the hell is going on?

woman: robbers sir, we need to call the security.

He nodded his head in confusion at the sudden situation, he pulled on the little girl's arm bringing her towards the woman.

Maverick: please, take her outside I need to handle this.

Serenity looked up at the two taller figures.

Serenity: what...no, I don't want to leave you!

He knelt in front of her gently placing his hands on either side of her and rubbing her arms looking at her wistfully, knowing well that he might not get to see her again. The woman gently tugged on her arm as the girl's eyes welled up with tears.

woman: common sweety let's go.

Serenity: What? no, let go of me!

She ran after her father leaving the woman yelling for her to come back but that didn't stop her. Running into the middle room, people her father stood with guns pointed at him as he held his hands up. One of the men with covered faces enabling the identification of their faces grabbed hold of the girl and harshly pulled her against his leg pointing a gun to her head and leaving her father with a look of dread on his face.

robber: You move one inch and I'll shoot her.

Maverick tilted his head to the side.

Maverick: You know those kids are gonna be here anytime to kick your ass. Let. her .GO. Or this won't end well for you buddy.

The sirens of the police cars could be heard distantly, a look of relief washed over the father's face and the robber cursed under his breath. Without warning he pointed the gun at Maverick, the next second a loud shot rang through the whole room and it fell into a moment of deep dreadful silence. He froze in his place taking his last look at his little girl, mouth a gap, gasping for air, and fell to the ground with a loud thug. Serenity opened her mouth but nothing came out except a shuttered breath, her eyes began to poor tears. The other guy yelled at the one holding her to drop her and move it before the cops came in. She fell to the ground not aware of the arrival of the new people in the room, everything faded from her view except the body of her once alive loving father. She crawled towards her father, faded gunshots, and yells could be heard. Blood spilled everywhere. Serenity placed both her hands on her father's lifeless body, she pulled one of her hands close to her face as it shook covered in red making her let out a gasp and a barely noticeable weep. her tears faded away from her eyes, she gritted her teeth breathing heavily as the chandelier above her head began to shake, the voices of the people in the room driving her head crazy as they grew louder and louder and her hands flew into a green golden color still laying on her father's chest. She looked up at the group of robbers standing in confusion all looking up at the shaking roof.

Robber: what. the. hell...

The next thing they saw was a large part of the sealing coming closer to their bodies and pressure before it all faded to black. She blinked away the green in her eyes slightly the sudden pinching pain in her head, looking once more at her father's figure. A look of disbelief spread across her face, eyebrows pressed together, her father's chest rose up and down as he inhaled sharply letting out a few coughs.

Serenity: Dad?

A slight hesitant smile spread across her face, she could see a bunch of kids standing a few meters away all wearing the same clothes staring aghast. Her vision grew blurred, the last thing she could remember was her head hitting the cold hard marble floor.

**timeskip**
Serenity shifted her head to the side grunting due to the sharp pain in her head as her hair brushed her cheeks.

Klaus: GASP* she's waking

Ben hit Kauses side giving him a 'shut the fuck up' look and sharply shushing him causing him to murmur an ow under his breath. She flickered her eyes open looking at two unfamiliar faces after adjusting her sight. Bringing her hand to her head, she slowly sat up and moved her gaze to the boys at the doorway looking at her with wide eyes. Serenity squinted her eyes at them with an expression of mistrust.

Ben: sorry, we were just about to leave.

He said and pulled on his brother's arm to leave the poor girl alone.

Klaus: oh come on! let's just talk to herrrr she's like us! and probably has no clue of what's going on.

Klaus whined as he was dragged down the hall by Ben nagging him about leaving her alone. She looked at the doorway where they previously stood, still perplexed. She shifted her head to look at the wall on her left, the holster monitor beeping. She gazed up at the stand holding the drip of painkiller antibiotic and looked down at her hand and stretched her figure feeling the pin of the disconnected drip IV move causing his to escape her mouth. She rose her head hearing her mother's voice from the room beside her, talking to an unfamiliar voice of a man, her face held a concentrated expression as she tried to make out what was being said on the other side over all the chatter around the hospital floor.

Reginald: I will be willing to pay you however much you want for that girl's adoption...

Mom: I would've been willing to give her away for free, I don't want that girl...you may keep her...Her father is a different problem...

Reginald: I will take care of that...as for you. All I needed was your consent. Sorry to keep you here, you may leave if you want. the contract will be signed and I will take her with me. Good day.

Serenity straightened her posture as footsteps approached her and landed her gaze upon a well-dressed man with a monocle on his left eye.

Serenity: who are you...

Reginald: My name is Sir Reginald Hargreeves , I am the father of 7 very unique children just like you...and you will from now on be living with them. I will train you how to use your power and control them and use them for the betterment of this world. Since your father is no more and your mother...prefers for you to stay with me, you will become a part of the umbrella academy.

Serenity: You can't do that... I'm under the legal custody of my father...he's alive I healed him...

Reginald: It might have seemed...but you are too weak for your powers...He is dead. And that's that. You will do no more arguing and will do as you are told. In return, I will make you strong enough to handle your powers. Understood.

She stayed silent as if loss of hope, stricken by the sorrow of her mother's limited care towards her. All she could do...was to agree with him, she was sure it be much better than being with her family now that the only person who excepted her as she was had left her alone.
Serenity:...understood.

Reginald: very well then! We will get your departure now and leave in a few minutes.