A trip down memory lane 2 - Vance Hopper

THE LONG AWAITED PART 2!

(Just reiterating that all characters are 16)

(Not proofread)

"What the fuck."

Suddenly, you regretted the entire journey.

Was this a bad idea?

What if your friendship wasn't as deep as you thought?

Maybe you should've just reminisced about the past from your bedroom?

Maybe he-

Your incessant thoughts came to a halt when you were engulfed by two arms and pushed flush against him.

"Motherf- Holy shit! Y/N"

His voice were barely a whisper, most likely in disbelief of his childhood friend that had materialised in front of him, seemingly out of the blue.

You returned the hug happily, pulling back after a few seconds, a wide smile stretching across your face, and your childhood friend mirroring one back just as bright as your own.

"Vance! I can't believe it! I can't believe you're still here!"

Giddiness takes over your senses, only for it to be replaced with discomfort.

"Wait-no this is weird isn't it?"

Vance opens his mouth as if to interject only for you to continue rambling.

"I shouldn't have been so spontaneous. I should've given you a heads up. Hell maybe I shouldn't have even come! It's been years and you-

His hand slaps against your mouth, both shocking you and silencing you.

"Shut up, God do you not stop talking."

And despite the harshness of his words there was still a playful undertone to it all which made you smile, not that it could be seen from under his palm.

So you do the only logical thing, lick his hand.

His hand retracts so quickly it's as if it was never there, but his expression makes it apparent that it most definitely was. His nose creases in disgust letting out an "Ew" before a loud laugh leaves him.

And that laugh makes your smile grow twice in size.

"C'mon, let me show you around"

Before you can even reply, he grabs your hand, pulling you down the front steps in suit and you smile down at your intwined hands.

And show you around he does.

He shows you around everywhere and it's as if a locked box in your head had finally been open, years worth of memories suddenly flooding your mind.

The park where you and Vance would spend hours playing together, the river which you can recall the countless times he pushed you in. The skatepark where. Acne had tried to reach you many times how to skateboard, but you never did get the hang of it. Even the school you only spent a few years at before you had to sadly leave.

And now he had lead you both to the infamous Grab'n' go shop, a place you and Vance had many memories in.

You smile as you both enter the shop your eyes immediately focusing on the pinball machine in the corner, and your grin only widens.

But before you can even turn and talk to Vance a familiar voice cuts through and you turn to the source, missing Vance's frown of annoyance.

"Finney!"

You run at him and rap your arms around him pulling back with a huge smile.

Apart from Vance, Finney was most definitely your best friend. You were always over at one another's house and you loved his sister as if she were your own.

"Y/N! It's been forever! How long have you been back?! We've got to do something soon! You could come over and-

Finney's words die in his throat as you are yanked away and pulled against Vance his arms draped casually around your front.

You frown in confusion at Vance's antics, his eyes hard and set slowly on Finney who looks terrified to say the least.

"What are you doing?" You deadpan in annoyance only for Vance to look at you before casting his gaze back to your friend.

"She has plans." He shortly states, his frown seeming permanent across his features.

"Vance."

"Surely you don't have plans the entire time Y/N?"

You give Finney a smile, trying your best to realise yourself from Vance's hold, only to be unsuccessful.

"No of course no-

"Yes she does. Now move, me and my girl are leaving."

He shoves past Finney, to who I quickly apologise to for the blonde's behaviour before following him out the store.

"Vance what was that?"

"What was what?"

"That." You gesture to the store behind you. "With Finney."

He stops walking for a second only to look at you with the same frown he displayed for Finney.

"I don't like him."

Now it's your turn to frown before an idea seeps into your brain and you run up to walk beside him.

"Vaaannccee" you address him in a sing song manner only to receive a side eye from him.

"Were you jealous?"

Now this, this makes Vance stop in his tracks, turning to you with what seems to be an angry expression, possibly shocked.

But the most shocking thing... his red cheeks.

Yet he denies the claim, walking ahead quickly and leaving you to catch up with a laugh.

You couldn't be happier with your decision to take a trip down memory lane.

This once was so cute and fun to write! And I loved featuring jealous Vance... to the point that I'm thinking about doing a small series of one shots about all our jealous black phone boys! Anyway hope you enjoyed!

Miss Starlight xoxo