☆ four

a/n: i hope everyone knows this fic is sooo heavily anti-cop like im sooo not sorry. also this chapter features mentions of past biphobia against ajax & haruki, so if youre sensitive to that plz be careful when reading this chapter >_< 

qotc: fav song at the moment? (mine is portrait of a blank slate by lovejoy)

sotc: stockholm syndrome by muse

☆☆☆

ajax was so, so fucking confused. haru had said he had a surprise for him. now ajax's idea of a surprise was maybe like, a gift or he had bought a desert for both of them to share not two random strangers in haru's house as ajax watched them quietly. ajax watches them converse as the maroon haired boy laughs as ayato tells him something– ayato has never told many jokes so perhaps the other boy was simply laughing just to clear the tension.

the worst part was haru wasn't even home so what was the point of haru inviting him to just be left with complete strangers, sitting on the couch awkwardly as ajax awaited for haru to get home. ajax watches as the boy with maroon hair speaks animatedly to ayato as he waves his hands around and ayato simply nods, putting in a few words every few minutes.

the clock ticks in front of him as he digs his nails into the fabric of his jeans at his thighs– where was haru? he wasn't one to be late, he really wasn't. he always showed up early so what was going on? did something happen? what could've happened?

ajax froze. please, god no. his hands scrunched at his sides as he tried to make sense of anything like that– it wouldn't happen to haru and even if he did, haru was fucking annoying and whined so much, they would probably return him or something.

but would they?

ajax remembers how haru said he would joke with kazuha how someone would return him because he would ramble on about horror movies for hours, never stopping on end to even notice if someone wasn't paying attention to his rambles. and yet here they were– kazuha had been gone for almost two weeks and no sign of him. it felt like a light had just been turned off around haru and ajax with seemingly nothing to guide them.

the door creaks open and ajax's head darts to see who it is and he feels a rush of relief as he sees haru's head of purple hair as he shakes off the droplets from the rain. haru shrugs off his backpack, hanging it by the door as he toes off his shoes, fumbling with the laces as he avoids eye contact with any of them. the other two don't seem to care about it but ajax does. haru mumbles something incoherent as he walks to his room, still trying to shake off the water from his body.

ajax sighs as he gets up from the couch and follows him, he doesn't really feel like sitting alone with these random strangers for a moment longer.

"jesus christ, ajax!" haru nearly shrieks when ajax closes the door behind him, "i'll be out in a minute, you can wait."

"no."

"no?" haru frowns as he lifts his shirt up over his head– it didn't matter that ajax was here, he still needed to change and he's seen him nude anyways.

"who the fuck are those people and also why are you wet?" ajax asks, his brows furrowed as he speaks.

"ayato and heizou." haru says as he tosses his wet shirt somewhere in the corner of his room, "and i walked here. someone slashed the tires and fucked up my whole car."

"you could have taken the bus." ajax shrugs as he watches haru turn around to unzip his soaking pants, "and why are they even here? especially someone like ayato."