☆ five

a/n: so i did not lie when i said college was gonna beat my ass. um. apologies for taking so long to update! also i started watching lost and sawyer is soo ... like hey wifey !!

qotc: fav game? (mine is overwatch and hades!)

sotc: abstract (psychopomp) by hozier

☆☆☆

the trickling of rain beats down against ajax's apartment window as the smell of mixed spices and meat fills the apartment as the man mixes a concoction of meat, spices, and vegetables as he watches haruki sleep soundly on his cheap couch. the boy twists and turns as he lays under a dark quilt his mother had given him. haruki had never slept well by himself and ajax didn't know if that was because of his general sleep issues or because of his uncomfortability in his own home. either way ajax didn't mind and enjoyed the boy's company.

the news plays quietly in the background and ajax knows he should be focusing on something else but he can't. he's tried so hard to watch any other sort of television program- sports, scripted shows, game shows, everything. and everytime he watched something his mind always drifted back to kazuha and his possible state.

kazuha- he was so young. he is young, he was the youngest of his friends. he was barely fifteen. he would help ajax no matter what even if sometimes kazuha did annoy him with how happy he was at all times no matter what but now, he needed it so fucking bad. he needed kazuha to tell him it was okay and tell him some random facts about nature that he had somehow always found a way to integrate into conversation. but he wasn't. he wasn't here and it fucking sucked.

ajax's eyes darted to a stack of paper on his coffee table across from the television. ajax sighs as he stirs the pot absentmindedly, he couldn't help but think of it as ayato and heizou and come up with possible reasons as to why he was taken or even how he was taken. ajax feels as if he should be really offended but he wasn't. he couldn't possibly be when they were the only two attempting to help them. sure, heizou's ideas tended to go in a horrific and terrifying way but he preferred that over ayato's weird conspiracies that didn't really help.

it was nearly a month since kazuha had gone missing. no news, no new evidence, nothing. all they can do is pray and hope now.

ajax turns the stove off with a soft click to it as he puts a cover over the small pot and heads to sit on the couch across from the television. ajax sighs as he scoots haru's socked feet away from the edge of the couch as he sits down and sets haru's feet across his lap. the boy still slept soundly through the night with the loud thunderstorms booming across the small city. the light from the television reflects off of it onto the table and haru's own pale skin. the blue light of the television nearly blends in with the yellowing bruises on haruki's face- the old ones had nearly faded but as always, people found a way to mess with it.

the news keeps on playing with a lively brunette man making jokes about how they'll have continuous rain for nearly the whole week. ajax sighs, he's never very fond of the rain due to how just depressing it felt. the news station quickly changes scenes to a woman with short black hair that stares at the camera with such round lively eyes that it nearly makes ajax smile at the sight of her. the woman speaks brightly about god knows what she had been assigned to speak of- it's many stories about recent news of politics, schools, and nature. they typically speak of kazuha so it's very odd when she does not utter a word of the boy.

her voice lowers as the information changes behind her and the scene changes color and a picture of kazuha is shown beside her. ajax pauses- this felt off. something was wrong.