☆ six

a/n: omg this isn't a filler chapter!??!? SHOCKING!! joking.. but i havent had so much time to write that im pretty sure the rest of this fic will just be written at ass o clock in the morning bc of school LMAO

qotc: fav movie rn? (i really like blue beetle & wwdits..)

sotc: mercy by sir chloe

☆☆☆

haru wakes up to his eyes being blasted with the bright rays of the sun. he softly groans as he hears the clinking of the curtain rings against one another as one of his moms opens his dark curtains to the bright, yet cruel world. haru pulls the covers over his head and a sigh comes and he thinks that's it until someone's thin hand is prying his hand off of the blanket. haru flicks her hand away from his as she struggles to pull the blanket off of haru's head. he has such a tight grip on it that he can feel his nails pressing crescent marks into his own palm from how hard he was gripping the blanket. they both struggle in silence until the door slowly creaks open and a soft chuckle is heard from the door.

"oh my," yae chuckles as she covers her mouth with her hand, "this is a sight to wake up to."

yae watches as the two grunt, silently fighting each other like a pair of cats. haru peeks his eyes over the covers, his eyes squinted from the bright light for a second before he ducks his head back under the covers.

ei sighs as she glances to yae, "can you believe him?"

yae nods, "oh i can actually, seeing as he gets this from you."

ei almost gasps in shock from her words. her eyes glance back upon haru's body that is buried underneath the piles of blankets.

"haru, get up." ei says, she sounds tired of him.

"why?" haru asks, "are the cops here?"

ei sighs and yae shoots a confused look to ei but the elder woman does not respond to her unsaid question.

"no, they are not." ei pulls the covers off of haru who only just stares back at her blankly, "we're taking you to school today and for however long this whole thing lasts."

haru furrows his brows, "huh? but ajax usually takes me–"

"and there is the problem." ei says simply.

"what the fuck?" haru furrows his brows, "you can't just limit who i see, you're insane!"

"hey!" yae shouts sternly, "do not talk to your mother like that."

"it's not my problem that she's clearly out of control now." haru huffs as he tries to take the blanket back from ei's grip, which she does not falter in and only results in haru laying back in his bed only more exhausted than previously.

"i do not care what you think but be ready in fifteen minutes or i'm taking you however you look. okay?" ei says quietly and her voice sends chills down haruki's body. he never liked when she spoke quietly because she's always a stern woman who demands attention so for her to forcibly quiet down– it was horrifying.

haru nods carefully, "okay."

they both exit and then haru is left to his own devices to get ready if he so decides to.

the two women quietly stand in their bathroom as they get ready. various eyeshadows and lipsticks lay around the vanity area of the bathroom. yae brushes her shell-pink strands as ei dips an eyeshadow brush into a palette.

"what was haruki speaking about?" yae asks as she glances at ei, who seems more focused on her eyeshadow than anything else in the world right now.

"i don't know," ei shrugs as she puts a brush away, "you know how he is. he's been more ... unfocused lately and he's just out of control. i didn't want to worry you."