Chapter 6: The two captains

Picard materialized on the original Enterprise within seconds of leaving his own. He was greeted by a balding man with a heavy scottish accent. "Welcome to the Enterprise, sir. Captain Kirk is waiting for you on the bridge." Picard, Lt. Commander Data, and Lt. La Forge stepped off the transporter pad. "Hell, I still hate transporters," the captain griped. He then scanned the room and after laying eyes on the scottish man, remarked, "You must be Montgomery Scott!" "Aye???" the Scottish man responded. "I apologize. I forget we are in a completely different time period. Now let us see the infamous captain Kirk." "Aye....." the scot replied uncertainly, and led the three strangers to the bridge. When they entered, captain Kirk was busy talking on the com with another officer. "What do you mean there is no record of him? How the hell did he get on board? Is he a magician? Because that would be news to me if magic was real. I don't care just figure it out! NOW!" He shut off the com and turned to the strangers. "My apologies, it has been a very strange day. You must be captain Picard," he said stepping toward commander Data. "That assumption is incorrect. I am not captain Picard," Data responded looking slightly confused. "Then it must be you," he said stepping towards LaForge. Geordi opened his mouth but before he could utter sound , Data interrupted," That is also an incorrect assumption." "I can speak for myself Data." Geordi muttered under his breath." Captain Kirk turned towards Picard, who now had an amused smile on his face, disparingly. "Please don't tell me the captains start wearing red shirts? Captain Picard I do apologize for my mistake, but as you can probably tell, I am used to the captain wearing the yellow shirt." "Yes well as you have probably guessed since that is obviously a talent of yours, we are from the future." "Haha! I had actually guessed that!" Picard gave him a stern look. "I'm sorry go ahead." "Well as I was saying we are from the future and I guess that is about it. I honestly only wanted to come over here to get a look at history. The Enterprise-A, A legendary vessel."
"You seem to know a great deal about us captain Picard." "Yes well in our version of history you are very famous. "Very is slightly understating it," LaForge commented from the side of the room. "Where exactly did we end up?" Captain Picard queried. "The Delta Quadrant," Kirk responded. Picard looks stunned, "Captain, listen to me very carefully, you need to leave right now. Go back to the Alpha Quadrant and convince starfleet never to send anyone here for the next century at the least." "Kirk gives Picard a puzzled glance but before he can respond is contacted by the same officer he was talking to previously. "Yes what is it?" No I cannot come down there I am busy. He said what now? Fine I will be there in five." "Captain Picard you may be interested to now that just before you beamed over here we discovered a stowaway in the cargo hold." "And why would that interest me?" "Because he apparently just told the guard the same thing you just told me. He told us to leave the Delta Quadrant."