Chapter 5: Temporal Incursion

Clara followed the Doctor back inside the the TARDIS. "Doctor, what's going on?" "The Enterprise is headed for the Delta Quadrant." He hit a few buttons and the TARDIS disappeared. "The Delta Quadrant is a bad bad bad place. There are many species there that wouldn't hesitate to kill humans just because they're there." "Well that's no different from normal is it?" "Not normally, but there is one species in particular that cannot discover humans yet. It would most likely be the downfall of humanity. Suddenly the klaxons began to blare throughout the TARDIS. "Doctor, what is it?" " No that's not possible," he muttered to himself. "Someone's has just initiated a temporal incursion."
"What the hell is a temporal incursion?" "What we just did, moves to a parallel universe through a crack like we fell through." So someone else just time travelled to a parallel universe?" "For simplicity's sake, yes. Hang on I've found the Enterprise." The TARDIS makes its traditional noise and materializes in the shuttle bay of Kirk's Enterprise. The Doctor straightened his bow tie then ran outside with Clara at his heels. They emerged to a massive bay with eight shuttles in either side. "Clara welcome to the most entire ship in the entire Federation, the USS Enterprise!" "Yes Doctor that's all very well and good but what the bloody hell is the Federation???" "Ah yes, I forgot to explain what the Federation was. In the late 21st century, around 2060 approximately, the most powerful countries in the world entered into a three year war that was the Third World War, the most devastating war in human history. No country, no matter how small could escape the destruction the war caused millions upon millions died. By the end of the war almost a third of the world's population had been killed, almost 3 billion people. Humans soon afterwords began to change. They united under one banner and Earth became one government. Humans began to explore space and venture put further and further. They met new races and made alliances and enemies. One captain by the name of Jonathon Archer came up with the revolutionary idea to form a coalition of races to create peace in the galaxy, similar to Woodrow Wilson's League of Nations in his 14 points treatise he published for the treaty of Versailles. Several races such as the Vulcans entered the alliance. The name of the alliance was the United Federation of planets. The Federation stood for exploration, diplomacy, and unification. In fact the oath that every captain must take states, "Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship (name of starship). Its continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before. Two of their greatest captains were James Tiberius Kirk and Jean-Luc Picard. We are currently on the ship of captain kirk who has just entered the Delta Quadrant of the galaxy and we must convince hum to turn around right now." The Doctor who has been talking with his back to Clara for a while turns around to Star Fleet soldiers pointing their phasers at the Doctor and Clara. "Oh, well this is awkward." "Take em to the brig" was the only response he got.