Chapter 4: Tomorrow's Enterprise

"Sir ve are entering the delta quadrant, "reported Ensign Chekov. "Begin scans of the area for signs of life. I'll be in my quarters ring me if you find anything." Captain Kirk went to his quarters and began looking at star fleet records on the delta quadrant which wasn't much. The only thing that was concrete that they new of were several gravimetric distortions that looked like a trans warp conduit of some sort. So some sign of advanced life, extremely helpful.

"Captain Kirk?" said Sulu of the com. "Yes what is it?" "Sir you may want to come to the bridge, we just finished a sensor sweep and we found a gravitational disturbance about 2 light years away. They match our readings from the black hole that destroyed Vulcan and the readings from the USS Kelvin." Captain Kirk sat up wickedly fast. "So it's a lightning storm in space?" "It appears so sir." "I'm on my way. Set course for it, maximum warp."

Kirk reached the bridge in no time. "Sulu, how long?" "3 minutes sir" Spock stood up. "Captain, given that last time we faced an enemy as powerful as Nero it is not logical to seek out this black hole. Why then may I ask that we are going to this black hole?"

Spock I really wish that you would stop questioning my desicions. The captain's oath states that we are to seek out new life and new civilizations. Now the only thing we now about this quadrant of the galaxy is that there are frequent gravitational disturbances. Now it is theorized that they might be caused by an advanced civilization's transportation. So I intend to find out the exactly what they are.

"Sir we will be arriving at the specified location in three, two, one." The Enterprise jumped out of warp. "On screen," said the captain and on the screen appeared an enormous replica of the disaster that destroyed Vulcan. And then slowly, a ship began to appear. One that dwarfed even Nero's giant ship. On that made the USS Vengeance seem like and ant. Once the ship fully emerged it looked somewhat similar to the Vengeance. "Sir the ship does not match any know design," said Spock. "Sulu, hail them." "Sir they are not responding." "Weapons or shields?" "There shields are up, but there weapons are not charged." "Well open a channel, we have no idea what the singularity did to their systems."

"This is Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise, to whose acquaintance and of what race do I have the pleasure of making?"

After a few moments a response came. "My name is Jean-Luc Picard. A pleasure to meet you Captain Kirk. I am captain aboard a ship also named Enterprise. Captain Kirk what is the current star date?" "Star date? 2235.56. Where are you from? Captain Kirk, may I come aboard your ship? Its going to take a while to explain." Suddenly alarms start to blare. "Keptin, we have an intruder alert in the main shuttle bay!"