Chapter 5 - My Shot

Don't ask about the picture above lmao.  (Legends never die . . .)

---

Alex's POV

WARNING! : Alcohol mentions and drunk men!

It was time for lunch and the teachers allowed the students to leave the school to hang out with their friends or just to eat at some nearby restaurants.

"Hey Alexander!" Aaron Burr called from behind me, running towards me.  "Ya wanna meet some of my friends?" he asked, catching his breath once he caught up with me.

"Eh, sure," I shrugged.

*Woooooosh* Transition noisez ~

ZOOM ZOOM!!!

I followed Burr closely behind whilst he lead me behind the school where not many kids were at.  Some were vaping and smoking a cigarette while others were drinking alcohol and joking about.

He lead me to a trio and I recognized a familiar person -

"Bonjour Alexander!" Lafayette drunkly greeted me, waving a bottle of vodka.  I looked at the two other boys and recognized another boy.  John Laurens . . .  I didn't recognize the third one but Laurens didn't even know me soo -

"Who are you?!" the third guy suddenly asked me.

"Who are you?" Laurens repeated.

"Who is this kid?!  What's he gonna do?" they both asked Burr.

"Erm, he's -"

"I am not throwing my shot!" I interrupted Burr, catching him off gaurd.  "I'ma get a scholarship at King's College!  I probably shouldn't brag but DAMN - I amaze and astonish!  The problem is I got the braisn but no polish!  I gotta holler with every word, I drop knowledge!"

Laurens eyes sparkled with impress by my words, Lafayette and the third guy was cheering me on, and Burr was not having it . . . I didn't notice.

"I'm a diamond in the rough!  A shiny piece of coal - gotta reach my goal, my power uninpeachable.  Only nineteen, but my mind is older - oh shit, let me hurry this along.  I am the A - L - E - X - A - N - D - E - R we are, meant to be! -"

"That's enough," Lafayette said.  "Let me introduce myself properly . . ."

The three of us nodded in unison and Lafayette took a deep breath.  He raised his bottle and Laurens and the third guy raised theirs.

"Time to take a shot!" they said in unison.  I smiled and got the memo and I swooped up an unopened fresh bottle of vodka.

"I dream a life without a monarchy.  The unrest of French would leave to 'onarchy' - 'Onarchy'?  How you say?  How you say? -"

"Anarchy," Laurens corrected.

"Oh!  Anarchy!  Also, when I fight I make the otherside panicky!" Lafayette added, smirking evilly up at Burr.

"Shot!" we raised our bottles, the others chugged down their bottles whilst I took a little small sip.

"Yo, I'm Hercules Mulligan," the third guy introduced himself.  "I'm a tailor's apprentice.  And I got y'all knuckleheads in a loco parentis.  I'm gonna join the rebellion who run this college wild 'cause I know it's my chance.  So socially advance, instead of sewin' some pants I'm gonna take   a -"

"Shot!" we excalimed.  We all chugged our bottles down and we turned towards Laurens.  I started to feel dizzy but I ignored it and laid my eyes on Laurens.  (What the fuck did I just  write -)

"But we'll never be truly free 'til those in bondage have the same rights as you and me.  You and I, do or die, wait 'til I sally in on a stallion with the first black battalion.  Have another -"

"Shot!" we said, chugging our bottles for the final time.  We turned towards Burr excitedly but he was disappointed in us.

"Genius, lower your voices," he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in disapproval.  "You keep out of trouble and you double your choices! I'm with you, but the situation is fraught. You've got to be carefully taught, if you talk, you're gonna get shot . . ."

"Burr, Burr, my man!  Buddy!" I said without thinking, wrapping my arm around his shoulder.  "Check what we've got!  Mr. Lafayette, hard rock like Lancelot!" I said.  I turned towards Mulligan smiling.

"I think you pants look hot!" I exclaimed, making Mulligan wheeze.  I turned towards Laurens and 'til this day, I regret my words . . .

"Laurens . . . I like you a lot!"

Laurens and I made an awkward stare and at that moment, I've realized what I've said.  His face turned red as a tomato as turned away from our long stare.

All five of us started to disperse to head to our next periods.  I walked with Lafayette towards Professor Washington's class in silence.  We were the first to arrive and we sat down in silence.

I was still processing what the fuck just happened and I just couldn't deny it.  Laurens probably hates me now for being a creep and I would do the same if I were him.

First day at King's College sucked.

---

What the actual fuck did I write?!  This is dog shit.

852 words.

Songs I've listened to while writing this :

Could Have Been Me - The Struts

Le Festin' - [PIXAR]  Ratatouille

Ghost Town (revisited) - Trinkle

I Hear a Symphony - Cody Fry

Underground - Cody Fry

愛して愛して愛して - Kikuo

☆My Shot☆ - [HAMILTON]  Lin Manuel Miranda