One

SHANGHAI

There was only one thought running through Andie's mind: This dress is so uncomfortable.
Maybe it was the material, maybe it was the length, but Andie would rather be wearing anything else but this. The fabric of the shirt red dress clung tightly to her frame, showing off everything.

When she had first tried it on, Andie thought it was cute. She hadn't a single doubt that she loved it. But after wearing it for almost an hour, the complaints were coming rather rapidly.

Trying to occupy herself, she reached for the glass of bourbon before her, bringing it to her lips as her gaze flickered to the performance before her. The great Willie Scott was doing wonderful, from the hour she'd spent here at the Club Obi Wan, Andie understood her popularity.

But she didn't keep her attention on the performance for long, that wasn't the reason she was here. Her eyes swept the room, searching for a particular someone. A man who had requested her presence here tonight. She'd never met him, but she'd received a letter about a week ago from someone by the name of Doctor Jones. He'd explained that he studied archeology and was a sort of explorer who discovered rare artifacts in his spare time.

He'd also explained that the only reason he was contacting her was because his friend, Marcus Brody, had recommended her. Hearing about Dr. Brody did not come as much of a shock considering Andie had studied under the historian for years before she decided to begin her solo travels around the world.

Doctor Jones had explained that he was making a risky trade with a notorious gangster by the name of Lao Che. Andie, who had been in Shanghai for about two weeks now, had heard rumors, but she'd never come across the man or any of his gang.

He had told her it would be nice to have some backup, and he promised a good payment once whatever Lao Che was giving him was secured and safe. Andie was uncertain at first, but her gut told her to go along with the man.

They were to meet at the club around eight, survey the area, and the trade would go down at nine o'clock sharp. Andie reached for her silver clutch, retrieving a small pocket watch from inside. It was a quarter to nine. He should've been here by now.

A sigh slipped past her lips as she glanced back at the entrance of the club, her dark eyes settling on a figure who had just walked in.

He was the most handsome man she'd ever laid her eyes on. Dark hair combed nicely, a kind smile upon his lips, hazel eyes. Clad in a black tuxedo and white suit jacket, it showed off his nicely built frame.

He was so attractive, good Lord.

The man's eyes surveyed the room slowly before they settled upon her. A flash of recognition washed over his face as he swiftly moved toward her.

This was him.

Doctor Jones.

"Andrea Briggs?"

The woman nodded, "Yes, call me Andie." She replied, the man extended a hand to her, "Pleasure to meet you, Andie, I'm Indiana Jones." She grasped his large hand, giving it a firm shake. He then retracted his hand, reaching for the chair beside her. Andie took her clutch, set it upon the table as he pulled out the seat and sat beside her.

"I'm glad you could be here tonight."

"I'm happy to be here, Doctor Jones."

The brunet waved her off, "Please, Indiana's fine." Andie nodded. It was an interesting name, but she found herself fond of it in seconds.

'Pull yourself together Andie. You can't be fawning over him the whole night. You've got a job to do!'

"So, who's this Lao Che?" she questioned. Indiana pointed at a round table near the middle of the room where four men in suits sat, "Right over there."