Five

The moment they'd reached the village, Andie was immediately ushered toward a large hut. She wasn't comfortable being left on her own, but Indiana had assured her that she would be alright and that these people would help her.

"Miss, lay down please." A man said, gesturing to a mat on the floor. Andie hesitated, but followed the man's orders. She winced as she laid down, the mat cold against her skin. And without warning, the makeshift bandage was pulled away from her torso. She felt his fingers probe at the flesh around the wound.

"Ah."

Andie furrowed her brows, "What-What does that mean?" She questioned. "There is some infection. We must remove it." The brunette widened her eyes, "Huh? What?"

"It's okay, it won't hurt." Before Andie could protest, the man was shoving a small cup towards her lips. "What is this?" She questioned.

"It will make you sleep." The woman shook her head, "No, I've been asleep way too much today, please don't put me back to sleep." As much as she loved sleeping regularly, she'd spent most of the past twenty-four hours sleeping due to blood loss and pure exhaustion.

"It's okay. Dream sweet dreams."

"I-I don't have sweet dreams." She was desperate to remain awake, but she knew it would be painful to be awake. The healer thought for a moment before speaking again, "Do you know the man who brought you here?"

Andie nodded.

"You seem fond of him, yes?" Well, sort of. But she wouldn't say that. But somehow the man seemed to understand her silence. "Yes. Now, dream sweet dreams of the handsome man." He encouraged, lifting the cup to her lips. Andie sipped the beverage, which tasted sweet and tangy. Whatever drugs were in that drink hit quickly, for she immediately began to feel drowsy.

"There we go.. dream of the handsome man, miss, dream sweet dreams..."

— — —

Andie's eyes fluttered open, her vision blurred. How long had she been out? As her vision began to clear, the brunette sat up, and was surprised to find she was hardly in any pain. Her dress was almost completely ripped, a cloth bandage had been wrapped around her torso. Normally she'd feel violated, but considering how much better she felt now, she'd be sure to thank the man who'd healed her.

She took a moment to glance around at her surroundings, the hut was empty, but a wave of relief had washed over her at the sight of a stack of clothing beside her. She reached for the clothing. The woman had been gifted with a simple cream blouse-like top, a pair of what looked to be a sort of cargo pants that were far too big, but thankfully she'd been given a makeshift belt. She was grateful for the generousity of these people, who'd even given her a pair of new undergarments.

Andie changed quickly, finding these new clothes to be far more comfortable then the itchy dress she'd been stuck in for hours on end. She slid the pair of old boots she'd been given onto her feet before rising, heading towards the exit.

She was startled to find the healer standing there, "Oh! Hello miss, I was just coming to check on you," His dark eyes scanned her for a moment, "Well considering you're up and moving, I suppose you feel well?"

Andie nodded, "I feel much better, sir, thank you." "It was my pleasure, miss." He then moved past her, entering his tent. Andie's dark eyes glanced up to the sky, which was now dark, the stars littering the sky like a paint on a canvas.

That drug tea was very strong considering they'd gotten here before the sun had reached high noon. She peeked her head into the tent, "Excuse me, sir?"