Three

"Keep an eye on her, will ya?"

"Okee dokee, Indy."

Andie recognized those voices.

Where was she? What had happened?

Her eyes fluttered open, her surroundings blurry. As she attempted to sit up, pain shot up her side, and she was reminded of everything that went down.

"Hey lady, Doctor Jones said you need to rest." Andie felt two small hands on her shoulders,
forcing her to lay back down, her vision cleared and she recognized the person to be Short Round, the kid from yesterday. "Where are we?" She asked softly.

"Airplane." He replied, sitting beside her. She glanced around, realizing they were somehow riding in a cargo plane, she could tell it was cargo due to the fact they were surrounded by crates of chickens. She didn't even want to know how Indiana pulled this off. Speaking of which, "Where's Indiana?" "Changing."

Andie sat up slightly, to which Short Round scolded, "Lay down, miss!" But she didn't listen. She wanted to take a look at the wound. Glancing down at her side, she took note of the large hole ripped on the side of her dress, a white bandage placed over it. Andie reached for the bandage, trying to pull it up slightly, but received a slap on the wrist.

She glared at Short Round, "Now what was that for? I just want to see how bad it is." "It not bad. Doctor Jones said it wasn't deep, you just lost too much blood." Made sense, she supposed.

With a heaving sigh, she pulled herself up, sitting up fully, to which Short Round shook his head in disapproval, "Doctor Jones isn't going to like this."

"He doesn't control me." She replied, glancing down at her appearance, only then did she notice that she'd been wearing Indiana's large suit jacket, no wonder she'd felt so comfortable considering how itchy this dress was becoming.

She glanced at the Asian child beside her, "So, what's your story?" "What you mean?" He questioned. Andie shrugged, "How'd you end up with Indiana?"

Short Round was quiet for a moment, "My parents died when I was little, been on my own long time. Found Indy, been with him since."

When he was little.

The kid couldn't have been older then ten. How long had he been alone on the streets?

"I'm sorry Short Round."

"It's okay. I like being with Indy. I love him, he's my best friend." A soft smile graced her lips. He seemed as happy as a kid could be, so Andie didn't want to press him anymore about his past. But she couldn't help but feel saddened by his backstory. No kid should have to go through something so terrible, especially at his age. She was just grateful he had ended up with Indiana, and not someone else who could've taken advantage of him.

"Shorty, how's she doing?"

Andie glanced up to see Indiana, no longer wearing his fancy tux, but instead had changed into a faded beige button-up paired with a brown leather bomber jacket, khaki pants with brown leather boots, she also took notice of the whip at his belt. Maybe it was his signature weapon? But it was the brown fedora that finished off the look.

Somehow, he looked even more attractive this way. It took a lot of strength to tear her eyes away.

"She's up. I told her to rest but she no listen." A laugh came from Indiana, what a sound it was, "Well, she's a stubborn woman." He placed the bundle of clothing at her feet before taking a seat beside her. He turned to Shorty, "Why don't you go check on Willie? I haven't seen her in a while." Andie's mood dampened slightly. It wasn't that she had anything against the woman, she was just aggravating. From their short interactions in the club, Andie had no desire to spend time with her.

But, whatever. She'd survive.

Shorty nodded, standing up and heading toward the back of the plane like a man on a mission. Andie smiled at the sight, "That kid's been through hell." She whispered. "I'm guessing he told you a bit?" She nodded. "Yeah, his parents were killed when the Japanese bombed Shanghai. He'd been on his own since he was four."

Four years old.

He'd spent almost six years on the streets fending for himself.

God, he deserved the world.

"But, I found him trying to steal my wallet, been with me since."

"He's lucky to have you."

Indiana, who surprisingly seemed not used to receiving such a compliment like that, cleared his throat awkwardly, changing the subject almost immediately, "We'll have to get you a change of clothes once we get to Delhi. For now, you can just button up that jacket." He said, taking into consideration that the woman most likely didn't want to be walking around with a huge hole torn in her dress. Andie nodded in agreement, "Will do."

Indiana glanced at her, hazel eyes reflecting worry, "How are you feeling?"

"Like I got shot."

The man pursed his lips, scratching at his chin, "Sorry about that.. the exchange did not go how it should've." Andie shrugged, "I knew what I was getting myself into when you told me about Lao Che. Plus, I might have a badass scar to show off." The man chuckled lightly, "That's true." Andie tilted her head slightly, noticing a small scar across the man's chin. She furrowed her brows, "Speaking of scars, how'd you get that?"

He glanced down at his lap, shaking his head lightly, "You don't wanna know." Andie hummed, "I think I do wanna know. I mean," She gestured to her side, "I just took a bullet for you."

"Who do you think took the bullet out? We're even, sweetheart."

"Come on, Indy!" She begged. With Indiana Jones, the possibilities were endless and she was curious about what sort of wild adventure would've left such a mark. The man adjusted the hat atop his head, exhaling deeply, giving in, "The truth is: I-uh-hit myself with the whip." Andie stared at him, fighting back a laugh. "I was young, okay?"

"You hit yourself with the whip?" She asked, giggling softly. "It was my first time using it, alright. I'm a professional now." The man then lifted a hand to his mouth, stifling a yawn. He looked absolutely exhausted.

Andie patted his shoulder, "Get some rest."

"You too, you're gonna need it." He sent her a wink before tipping his hat down over his eyes, slipping quickly in a deep slumber. Andie soon fell victim to unconsciousness, sweet dreams plaguing her mind, completely unaware of the nightmare ahead of her.