Seven

"I'm guessing you're the one who taught Shorty how to play poker?"

"Guilty as charged." Indiana replied, his hazel eyes fixated on the cards in his hands that he was currently shuffling. He seemed somewhat agitated, most likely due to the fact that he'd just lost to a child. The woman let out a soft chuckle.

Andie wasn't playing, but instead observing. She'd always been terrible at poker, considering she did not have a poker face and everyone could always tell what cards she had.

Willie was currently clad in a blanket, hanging her clothes onto a tree nearby. "So uh, where'd you find your little bodyguard?"

Indiana cleared his throat, not glancing up from the cards, "Shorty's family was killed in the bombing at Shanghai. I caught him trying to pick my pocket, isn't that right, short stuff?" The boy nodded as he took the three cards Indiana had dealt him. Indiana then took his own cards, Short Round's eyes widened.

"Doctor Jones, you cheat! You take four cards!" Andie turned her attention upon the cards in his hand to find that Short Round was right-he had taken four cards!

"Cheat!"

"They've must've stuck together, it was a mistake.."

"No mistake, you cheat!"

"It was a mistake!"

Willie's screams echoed in the air as she was constantly being frightened by the wild animals surrounding them, but Andie found herself more entertained with the spat going on between these two.

The two were now bickering in Chinese, but as Short Round waved his hands dramatically, Andie caught sight of something in the boy's sleeve. Carefully, she reached forward, snatching the card from its hiding place, "What's this??"

Indiana gasped dramatically. "You accuse me of cheating and then you do this?" "Andie! Why did you show him!" Short Round exclaimed. "Because cheating isn't allowed," She said with a laugh, shaking her head. "Hm, I quit, you cheat first."

"I quit too then." they placed the cards on the ground, both done with the game. Short Round then scooted towards Andie, sending a mock glare at Indiana. "Someone's upset," Andie said softly, patting the boy's head. "Not upset. Tired." Short Round corrected. "We'll be heading to bed soon, Shorty. Just relax for a minute." she whispered, wrapping an arm around his shoulders as he leaned against her, stifling a yawn.

Willie returned to the group, taking a seat across from Andie, near Indiana. The man spoke up, "Willie, is that short for somethin'?"

"It's my professional name, Indiana." Andie refrained from rolling her eyes. "Hey lady, you call him Doctor Jones!" Short Round piped up, to which Indiana nodded, "My professional name." Willie furrowed her brows, "Well why does Andie get to call him Indiana? Hm?"

"I like her better." Andie stifled a laugh at the sight of Willie's not amused face. "Don't take it personally, Willie." She teased to which Willie rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Indiana and Willie then became engaged in a conversation about the Sankara stones, very similar to Andie's own conversation with him the night before. The woman let out a sigh, glancing up at the night sky above. The stars were very pretty tonight. After a moment or two, she heard Willie shout, "I said cut it out!" Andie glanced over at the two to see a snake flying through the air. Indiana jumped back in fright, eliciting a laugh from the brunette. "Indiana Jones, afraid of snakes? Color me surprised."

"Ah shut up,"

As her laughs died down, she felt someone tap her shoulder. She glanced down at Shorty, who was gazing up at her, "Andie?"

"Yes?"

"Where will you go?" The woman furrowed her brows, "What do you mean?" Her voice was soft, low, and yet unbeknownst to her, Indiana was listening.

"After Delhi. Where will you go?" Andie shrugged, "I honestly don't know... maybe.. maybe I'll go back to Shanghai. I don't know yet."

"Will you come to America? With me and Indy?" Andie bit her lip before shrugging again, "Would you want me too?"

"Yeah, you're nice. And plus, Doctor Jones seems to like you." The brunette smiled softly, "Does he now?" She asked jokingly, glancing over at the man who was currently acting as though he hadn't heard a thing she'd said. Short Round nodded, "You should've seen him on that plane, fixing you up. Indy isn't scared of anything, but he was freaking out."

Andie tilted her head slightly as Short Round lowered his voice so only she could hear, "He had blood all over his hands. They were shaking, really bad. He kept muttering about how he couldn't lose you." The woman now understood, scoffing softly as she whispered, "He just didn't want my death on his conscience. That's all."

Short Round shook his head, "I've never seen him like that. Never." Andie opened her mouth to speak again, only to hear Indiana say, "Shorty, Andie, c'mere." He had laid out mats for them to sleep upon, four of them near the fire. "It's getting late, we should get as much rest as we can." Andie nodded her head, "Come on Shorty." As she began to move away, he tugged on her arm, "Can you stay with me?"

"Well I'm kinda cold, so I was gonna move over to the fire a bit more-"

"When we sleep, I mean." A soft smile spread across her lips, "Wouldn't you wanna be with Indy?" He shook his head, "I want to stay with you." Well how could she deny that adorable face? "Okay." She moved to the mat, the one closest to Indiana. "He's gonna stay with you?" She nodded, not knowing if it was okay with him, "He asked so-"

"It's alright." He assured with a grin, setting his pack beside him as he laid down, "Goodnight you two, and goodnight Willie."

"Night Indiana." Andie said.

"Night Indy." Shorty chorused.

"Goodnight Indy."

"Lady! His name is Doctor Jones!"

— — —

Indiana awoke at the sound of a tree branch snapping. He jumped up, reaching for his whip, only to stop upon realizing who it was. "Trying to escape?" He asked teasingly, sitting up to look at Andie. She shook her head, "Can't sleep."

"And where were you gonna go? We're in the jungle sweetheart." Andie shrugged, "I dunno," She replied. Indiana then beckoned her over, patting the mat he was on. She furrowed her brows, "What?"

"Come here," He whispered, keeping his voice low in order to not wake the others. With a sigh, she did so, taking a seat near him. "Why can't you sleep?" He asked softly. "I don't know. I've slept a lot in the past twenty-four hours."

"That's true," He said with a laugh before sighing softly, "Well then, just look up at the stars, Andie. Admire them. They're just as beautiful as you."

Indiana then pecked her forehead gently, patting her shoulder before laying back down and passing out immediately.

Andie couldn't help but smile, his words echoing through her mind.

Admire them. They're just as beautiful as you.