Migration + Fun With Octolings 🍋

(y/n) pov

I was hanging out at the Pigmy Mansion, and was writing lyrics in my notebook. The TV was on and I was watching Shiver, Frye, and Big Man. I started muttering the lyrics to myself.

Me: "So let's talk about what I want to do, 'cause all I want to do is turn back time, at least a couple Tuesdays to before I found one life, turn two."

Marina walked up, and sat down next to me.

Marina: What are you working on?

Me: Trying to get back into writing music. I got the chorus down, but... I don't know what to do for the rest.

I hand her the notebook.

Marina: You make a lot of songs about bad relationships.

Me: I know.

Marina: I-It's not a bad thing, it's just ironic.

She flips a page and she sees my concept for album art.

Marina: What's up with the anvil cat?

Me: Just some concept art. Probably going to change if I ever commit to this EP and release it.

Marina: I think it's a neat idea.

She hands me the notebook. I tap my pencil on it before getting an idea. I flip back to the lyrics and write down something. I murmured the lyrics as I wrote them down.

Me: "And stop... 'Cause why'd you have to kill my cat, why'd I have to take you back, time and time, I play the empath"

Marina: See, you're getting back into it. You just need inspiration, every artist does.

Me: Yeah... I guess you're right.

Marina: You want to go get a drink.

Me: If you're suggesting we go to a pub, they're all empty.

Marina: No no, I meant coffee.

Me: Okay.

We stand up and walk to the door.

Me: What about Bridgett and Pearl?

Marina: They'll be fine.

She kissed my cheek and held my hand. She opened the door, but the TV made a siren noise.

Me: What the...

Shiver: An emergency broadcast!?

Frye: And it's from Grizz Co.!?

Me: 'Grizz isn't even on earth anymore. How could this...'

I hear Grizz's voice on the TV.

Grizz: Everyone seek shelter, the Salmonids are overtaking the land. stay inside, lock all doors and windows. Do not go outside no matter what.

Me: Marina, call everyone and get them here.

Marina: A-Alright.

Pearl runs into the room.

Pearl: Hey, did you see the news!?

Me: Yeah, Marina is calling everyone to come over. It's better if we have everybody in one place.

Pearl: Okay.

Little Buddy hops up on my shoulder, and makes a noise.

Me: Great Salmonid Migration?

Little Buddy: Yer!

Me: Alright...

I look back at Pearl and Marina, and I see Bridgett next to Pearl now.