Chapter 1

It was like any normal night in Woodsboro, no one was around, and the streets were empty. Well all for one person, Lucas was in his garage putting some finishing touches on his Skyline. He had the car since high school, When he first had it, it was all rusted up and didn't run right.  Over time he saved up his paychecks from working at the local movie theater, He only got paid 11 an hour so he wasn't going to get very far. But he saved up over 150 paychecks just for this damn car, now It's a beast. It's got a turbo engine in it, a better exhaust, and it has better brakes now. His steering wheel doesn't get stuck in a left-turn position anymore, It's not rusty anymore, it's a nice blue color with a black spoiler. He has decore stickers on it as well, he has a sticker of his uncle on the car as well. He has a picture of his mom and his younger twin siblings hanging from his mirror, he also has a photo of his late ex...Sam Carpenter. He has it kept away in his dashboard so it's out of sight but every now and then he will pull it out and look at it. Sam was his world, he would do anything for her...he thought she would do the same, till she just up and left him and her sister behind without a word. He has dated other people of course but they weren't Sam, something about her drew him to her. Maybe it was her badass attitude and look, maybe her body...no wasn't that, He knew what it was. It was her personally, once you got to know her she was the most loving and protective soul out there, she would do anything for the people she loved and cared for. The face only he and her sister Tara got to see was so special. 

But when she left him without a word, his whole world fell to the ground. He didn't feel like enough like he wasn't meant to have love. Shit I mean his own father left him because he failed to do what his father wanted him to do. He knew Mindy and Chad didn't hold that against him but he couldn't help but feel like it was his fault they never got to form a relationship with their father, he felt like it was his fault that his father ended up getting stabbed by a person in a Ghostface mask 5 months before the twins turned 6. Of course, the twins never blamed him for that, saying that it could happen to anyone and he knew they were right but when you seem to fail time and time again you can't help but feel like you failed.

Lucas was too in his head that he didn't hear his phone ring, once he heard it he picked it up and looked at who was calling " Woodsboro Hospital" Lucas looked at his phone confused before answering " Hello?" " Hi, is this Lucas Meeks-Martin that I'm speaking to?" " Um, yes Ma'am it is. May I ask why I'm being called?" Lucas asked the lady over the phone " Yes. It's about Tara Carpenter, your number is in her emergency phone numbers for any time there is an emergency" Lucas's heart stopped, Tara was at the hospital...why? " May I ask why she is at the hospital?" Well at the moment she is in surgery, she got attacked at her house over 50 minutes ago. When the Police got there they found her in a pile of her own blood...she had been stabbed over at least 5 times sir...would you be able to come down and fill out her paperwork as she is in surgery and we won't know when she is out."  Lucas felt his heart racing...Tara was stabbed, someone he vowed to protect from any harm was stabbed...someone he saw as his own fucking daughter...was fucking stabbed.

" Yes ill be down there in a few" Lucas quickly hung up before running towards his house, he opened the door and ran up the stairs, he had the twins over tonight as his mom was working the late shift so he decided to spend some family time with the twins, He opened his bedroom door before grabbing his shirt, he was outside most of the day so he was only in shorts. He threw on his white T-shirt before walking towards the room Chad claimed as his. He opened the door and saw Chad was playing on his PS 5 " Hey Chad, I have to head out. I know Mindy is most likely talking to one of the hook-ups so I'm not going to bother her so let her know I'm out. I don't know when I'll be back so lock the doors and windows okay?" Chad looked towards his older brother and knew something was up, He never leaves the house after 930, so why is he going out at 11? " Yo, what's going on?" Lucas looked at his brother for a moment before speaking " Tara was stabbed"

Chad had his eye wide " Tara got what?!" Chad yelled out, that got the attention of Mindy before she came running into the room " What about Tara?" Lucas looked at the twins before sitting down on Chad's bed and patting the spots next to him, once the twins sat down he explained to them what had happened

" Holy shit...She is going to be okay right?" Chad asked his older brother " I don't know Chad, I have to go fill out her papers so ill keep you guys updated okay? Try to get some rest you guys have school in the morning and you Chad have football practice as well. Got to make sure you keep the Captain titled on the team okay?" Chad nodded his head with a smile before turning off his gaming system and heading to the bathroom that is connected to his room. Lucas turned towards Mindy and saw she had her head on his shoulder. " You okay my little scream know it?" Mindy scoffed at the lame nickname he calls her before smiling  " Yeah, just worried about Tara. I know I don't show it much but I really hope she is okay, I hope you stay okay as well. Don't want you to end up like Tara...or like Dad" Lucas dropped his head at that " If had just done what Dad wanted me to do then maybe he would still be here being a father for you guys..." Mindy lifted up her head before shaking it " No, it wasn't your fault, how many times do me and Chad and even Mom have to tell you that it wasn't your fault? He was a shitty dad anyways, always came home late, never went to any of your games, never helped you with your car, and never even fucking helped mom with me and Chad...but you did you helped mom with us, you are taking Chad to his game and are watching them as well. You are helping me get my first car because Chad wants one like yours. You come home on time and sometimes even 2 hours early...you do so much for us, how could I blame you for something like Dad getting stabbed? I mean shit, Chad called you dad by mistake once when he was 15...he even has you contacted as 'dad' in his phone...that's how much Chad fucking sees you as a dad...You may be our brother but shit you are a better dad than our actual dad ever was" Lucas felt tears form in his eyes as Mindy talked, He pulled Mindy into a tight hug and she hugged him back " I have to get going, ill text you guys okay? I love you and Chad so fucking much, and I'm so proud to be your guy older brother...wouldn't have asked for better twins to be a big brother too" Mindy smiled at him before leaving the room.

*Time Skip*

Lucas arrived at the hospital and was soon shown to the room Tara was in, when he entered the room after being given the papers, he could help but tear up at the sight of her. She had tubes going up her nose to help her breathe, she had her arm wrapped and her leg in a cast. He sat down next to her and held her hand and squeezed it, oh how badly he wanted to kill the fucker who did this to her. He started to fill out the parents but stopped once it got to a certain part of the paper ' other known relatives that are still alive, if yes put names" He stared at it for a moment before bubbling in 'yes' and started to write down the names, which were only two, he didn't know if her father was still alive, but if so he doubts he wanted to be a part of her life. He put her mom's name and... Sam's. He knew Sam was alive, shit he kept up on her Instagram so he knew she was indeed alive. He finished filling out the paper before taking it to the nurse at the front desk. 

Once he got back he saw Tara awake, looking around. Once she heard the door shut she quickly turned around and saw Lucas, Tara smiled weakly at him. Lucas smiled at her before walking towards her and pulling her into a hug, Tara gripped the back of his shirt and shoved her head into his chest. Lucas put one hand in her hair and the other rubbed her back, the two stayed like that before Lucas pulled away and sat down and the chair " No...who the fuck did this to you?"

* First chapter of this book is now out! Got to see a bit of his past life, what his relationship with his dad was like, got to see his relationship with the Twins and Tara. I mention Sam a bit and how he felt about her after she lifted. Sam will be in the next chapter as well. I hope you guys love Lucas as much as I door, He is such a sweet and down-to-earth guy, but once you hurt his family...you better watch your back, lock your doors and stay away from him at all costs.

Words-1770