Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

The next days, Kain and I spent hours in the laboratory after classes. I don't understand why the others can't attend. I know the third years are busy, but how come Kain can take some time with our research?

"Where are the others?" I asked him, while he was writing the results.

"Busy," he said shortly, while still writing.

"What about you? Aren't you busy too? Third years are busy for the whole week."

He looked at me like he was tired of my questions.

"They're busy 'cause they are busy," he responded.

"Okay..." I mumbled.

I continue to write my observations. He didn't let me experiment, maybe because of the incident the other day. My Dad saw my fingers and got disappointed in me. He noticed my eyes are puffy. He knows whether I cried or not. He warned me not to get myself in any accidents again.

We had a successful experiment today. I am confident with the results. I didn't expect we could do many. I think I was able to catch up with them now. We also did their part of the research too. I only had one experiment left for my part. And with that, I can rewrite my part maybe tomorrow.

After taking off the lab gown and all, I followed him outside. He faced me when we got outside the lab.

"I am busy tomorrow," he said. I nodded.

"Let's do it the other day," he added.

"I can do it," I suggested.

"No," he replied coldly.

What? What's the difference? Does he think I can't do it? He doesn't trust me.

"Okay," I muttered. He then left me.

I went to the bleachers to wait for Dad.

At home, I did my assignments and prepare my uniform for my P.E. tomorrow.

On school grounds for our P.E., I saw Kain and his friends. He's smiling with them. And they were laughing. Why can't they do the same when they are with me? They look too serious when we're together.

Everyone has companions, I am alone standing on the side.

We're going to have soccer today. Kain, Anthony, and Zen are facilitating today's activity, since they are soccer players.

Everybody is busy practicing with their partners. I can't finish anything standing in here so I went to get my own ball.

Now, what am I supposed to do with this? I looked around and observed what they were doing, and I followed it. I kicked the ball upwards using my ankle just like they did.

"Ahh!" I muttered. It hurts! I didn't know the ball was this hard. I tried so hard not to look hurt. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of everybody.

I walk haltingly to the bleachers. I want to cry because of the pain. Why am I such a crybaby? I am seventeen now I should stop this.

I closed my eyes when I felt my ankle. I can not stay here. Even with uneven walking, I went to the side bleachers away from the grounds. Where no one can see me. I take a look at my ankle and it was red. I groaned.

What am I going to say to Daddy? I hurt myself again. He warned me last time. I am such a...

I didn't notice that I'm crying already. Now I wanna go home.

"What happened to you again?" I heard a voice from my back.

Kain...

I avoided his gaze and wipe my tears.