NICE TO MEET YOU

"Fancy meeting you here."

Sebastian Sallow.

Sloane glances down the aisle of library books to see him leaning against one of the tall shelves, smirking like it's the only expression he knows. In the seven years she has known Sebastian they have been, at best, casual acquaintances, and at worst, complete strangers. There is no animosity or bad blood, it is simply due to the fact they operate in different social circles. She is a Hufflepuff, and he is...well, a Slytherin. Not that members of the two houses cannot form friendships, but they have so little in common that it is a rare thing indeed.

It does not help matters that Sebastian's playboy reputation precedes him. He has always been known as a charmer, graduating to heartbreaker in fifth year. By the end of sixth year, the gossip circles labeled him a Lothario. Strangely, most ladies who fall victim to his sorcery do not always have negative things to say about the man. Sloane has tried not to pay too much attention to the rumor mill and what her girlfriends have to say about their sexual escapades, but sometimes it is unavoidable. Suffice it to say, she knows more than she ought to about Sebastian Sallow.

Sloane hates to think she's somehow ended up in his sights. Instead of feeling flattered, she wonders why he thinks she is an acceptable target. And then she feels guilty for jumping to conclusions. Perhaps he is not as bad as he seems. She turns her head to acknowledge his presence and flashes a polite smile.

"Hello, Sebastian," she greets, realizing she does not mind the challenge. "Do you say that to every girl you find alone in an isolated part of the castle?"

Sebastian's expression hardly changes. He pushes off the bookshelf and saunters over to where she is browsing for nothing in particular. But he doesn't need to know that. To Sloane's surprise, he keeps his distance, standing behind her as he reviews the books she is standing in front of.

"In need of some light reading?" he asks, leaning forward to pull a tome from the high shelf. "Perhaps you might be interested in this."

Sloane mumbles her thanks as he places it in her hands and she reviews the title: Leabhar nan Dàn. She thumbs through the old pages and raises her eyebrow when she realizes the text is in a different language, one she isn't familiar with.

"What is this?"

"Leabhar nan Dàn," Sebastian says, tapping the front cover as he pronounces it flawlessly. "It's a Scottish book of poems," he looks at her quizzically. "You don't know Scots?"

"Siobhan Sloane," she smirks. "Irish heritage."

"Ah," he replies, maintaining his amusement about the situation. "Perhaps I can teach you."

"No, thank you."

"Damn. Saw right through me," he softly laughs, shaking his head. He does not back down so easily. "You do know that I'm quite knowledgeable in other subjects, don't you?" he questions with a suggestive glint in his eyes. "I'm always up for a little extra credit."

She understands his euphemisms as clear as day and rolls her eyes, moving past him to place the book back on the shelf. "Flirt."

Sebastian chuckles at her response, leaning against the bookshelf next to her, invading her personal space. "Guilty," he says, watching her movements carefully. "But I can't help it if you bring out the charm in me."

"You flirt with everyone."

Sloane can see him staring out the corner of her eye as she presses up on her toes to tuck the book away. When she feels her blouse pulling out from her skirt, she lowers herself back to the ground to quickly right her clothes. Sebastian's eyes dart to where her hands are, making her feel like she is wearing far less.